Is it really worth the hassle to travel out of the country in the next few months?

ASEAN NOW News

With all the current issues related to Covid 19, including all the paperwork and tests require to fly to other neighboring Asian countries, it is still quite a hassle.

immigration-control-airport-B3H5X0.jpg.6c888658dc4d9e3344e0e922cf801696.jpg

Also, to visit family back home can be a risk and also expensive as well.

And always at the back of your mind is the problem of being stuck there.

Especially if some clever Travel Minister suddenly announces that if you wish to return to your home, you may need to go into 14 days quarantine at an expensive ASQ hotel.

Or worse case scenario, due to a sudden spike in cases they close the border, and you are then stuck in that country with huge bills mounting.

Good example is where Holland has had a spike in Covid cases and the country is now suddenly in lockdown.

Not only may you not travel around but some countries may add Holland as a danger zone, and ban people from flying home.

Naturally, for economic reasons governments everywhere are now encouraging overseas travelers and have tried to create ‘Sandbox’ safe areas.

But bear in mind that restrictions still exist as many resorts do not allow bars or nightlife, and drinking is also banned too.

So, is it worth the hassle of getting a visa and all the medical tests just for a few days away?

Let us know if you have recently been stucky away from home?

15 minutes ago, tonray said:

Not worth it. On an OA extension good until October 2022...then will need to do something to prevent being crushed by insurance nonsense and whatever else they dump on OA holders. Enough allready....

Yeah I hear you,  I'm doing my first OA extension next week, health insurance to June 2022 so I assume my stamp will be June 2022 which is fine, I'm leaving for several months without a re entry permit 'goodbye OA' in March 2022 to take care of some Executor business and returning visa exempt or a 90 day Non O.  The first OA extension, should I take a 6 or 12 month bank statement ? thanks... 

Edited by CANSIAM
  • Like 1

If you don't need to travel than don't, this governments is changing the rules and the requirements all the time, I'll let the whole Thailand opening up business to settle down before i'll make any plans, give it at least 2-3 months...

• Like 1