Hundreds of Pattaya business owners file formal request to Chonburi Governor, Pattaya Mayor, and the CCSA to allow alcohol sales at venues

snoop1130

9 hours ago, smedly said:

They have to do something and fast, can't keep cramming hundreds of people into treetown every night which is filled to capacity every night, it really is ridiculous

Sounds fab. I really have to get over there! ????

• Like 2

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The letter includes close to 400 names of various business operators and owners in Banglamung who have signed the letter.

On FB they initially said 300, last night posted saying 500 and today it’s nearly 400?

51 minutes ago, smedly said:

300/400 it is still a lot of businesses considering that many have shut for good - all restaurants of course, if I was an owner I would be extremely angry as to how treetoen is getting away with it.

Numbers quoted from the same source provided by the same people  but changed 3 times. In exact order 300-500-under 400

As for treetown, no different to other places owned or serving the elites , though tree town was raided not too long ago and something like 20-30 people were taken away 

23 minutes ago, BestB said:

Numbers quoted from the same source provided by the same people  but changed 3 times. In exact order 300-500-under 400

As for treetown, no different to other places owned or serving the elites , though tree town was raided not too long ago and something like 20-30 people were taken away 

treetown has never been raided - outside on the footpath beside treetown was raided several times 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, champers said:

I am hearing that there is a rumour on Facebook that bars will now be allowed to open on 1st December. Walking Street will be cleaned up in readiness. 

been hearing rumours like that for months - I think it is more wishful thinking 

and total nonsense

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

been hearing rumours like that for months - I think it is more wishful thinking 

and total nonsense

I tend to agree with you but I am told it is out there (in Thai) and who knows how many people have cancelled a holiday since last Friday's announcement. Some big players may be giving him grief and I would not rule out a softening of some rules following this Friday's big meeting. 

Not only Pattaya, but the whole country businesses should up arms (peacefully) and make their voices heard via Thai TV channels that they'll all open for Xmas and New Year come what may.      

I am now fed up to my back teeth with this government which has lost the plot. Thai people spread Covid which has not registered, so up the Vax rate to those who want it, and let the others become part of the herd immunity.  Which needs to happen at some future point, or we'll all be stuck in a lockdown time bubble ad infinitum. 

As for tourists, most will go elsewhere to celebrate Xmas and the New Year. So focus on getting this country up and running again. 

• Like 2