Thai airlines suffer big losses in first three quarters - hope for better news now country has reopened

webfact

Had the misfortune of having to use a Thai Airways Lounge on code share when I left Bangkok on the weekend. Dismal food and beverage and tatty furniture in the lounge I used is not exactly going to win the hearts and minds of business travellers and gold pass members.

Add that to the fact that my one way Thai Airways ticket from Heathrow last year cost 40% more that my current  return ticket price on SIA and its not hard to see why they won't win any customer loyalty.

They are a budget airline trying to charge premium rates for their mediocre business and first class products. They do need to step up and refocuse on winning back customers by offering quality as well as convenience. I like the Thai staff, just not the product versus price point being offered.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Had the misfortune of having to use a Thai Airways Lounge on code share when I left Bangkok on the weekend. Dismal food and beverage and tatty furniture in the lounge I used is not exactly going to win the hearts and minds of business travellers and gold pass members.

Add that to the fact that my one way Thai Airways ticket from Heathrow last year cost 40% more that my current  return ticket price on SIA and its not hard to see why they won't win any customer loyalty.

They are a budget airline trying to charge premium rates for their mediocre business and first class products. They do need to step up and refocuse on winning back customers by offering quality as well as convenience. I like the Thai staff, just not the product versus price point being offered.

Tatty furniture indeed , have they no idea what a Australian business traveler or gold pass memebr  expects in this day and age ?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, itsari said:

Tatty furniture indeed , have they no idea what a Australian business traveler or gold pass memebr  expects in this day and age ?

They should be serving Wallaby Burgers and Dingo Pie, also some concrete hospitality suites with stylish "metal bar" views of the runway to make those discerning Aussies feel right at home,

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AseanLao said:

They should be serving Wallaby Burgers and Dingo Pie, also some concrete hospitality suites with stylish "metal bar" views of the runway to make those discerning Aussies feel right at home,

Come on , they are spoilt enough as it is 

• Haha 1

„Thai Airways had reported profits but this was due to debt restructuring and asset sales - the reality was 21.4 billion in operational losses.“

This, combined with the net profit of THB 51 billion, which they officially declared, makes a loss of 72 billion Thai Baht which is a staggering USD 2.4 billion. 

Give these experts a medal, nobody ever achieved such a financial fiasco - well done boys, keep up the good work. 

Explains possibly, why everybody still waits for refunds which will never come ..........

11 hours ago, itsari said:

Obviously not - last time i flew last year with thai on a plane that looked like it had been dragged off the beach at Dunkirk .