I'd like a 4G mobile plan with high download speeds and unlimited data.

AseanLao

23 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Little bit update on my TOT sim.

Very good coverage where I live but I lose signal sometimes in middle of Pattaya.

Seems it connects only to 4G+.

Never get 3G, it just disconnects.

What is exact model of your mobile phone?

If Android - check Settings - About phone - Model & Hardware

If Apple - check the fine print on the back of the phone.

Please share the exact model, not the brand name. For every "Samsung Galaxy S#" brand name there are about 10 different models, each with different hardware and supported network bands.

Here is an example - all these phones are "Samsung Galaxy S5" but they all are different.

s5.png.2c58978eb9c47f731b4ca834f4600558.png

(unfortunately LineageOS does not support S7 so I could not make the same fancy picture of these)

Edited by fdsa

1 hour ago, PoorSucker said:

Samsung galaxy S7 

SM-G930F

I could not guarantee that this website is correct, but it shows that your phone supports all the bands as my phone and even more:

https://www.frequencycheck.com/compare-devices/GanAuVzL/samsung-sm-g930f-galaxy-s7-lte-a-samsung-hero/samsung-sm-a510f-ds-galaxy-a5-2016-duos-td-lte

as I can use both 4G and 3G without problems and your phone supports the same network bands - it is some software restriction, not a hardware incompatibility with the network provider.

Try forcing the 3G more via service codes, for example:  *#*#4636#*#*

"Phone information" - "Set Preferred Network Type" - "WCDMA only", or "WCDMA/LTE".

this service menu setting does in fact differ from the usual phone settings!

17 hours ago, fdsa said:

I could not guarantee that this website is correct, but it shows that your phone supports all the bands as my phone and even more:

https://www.frequencycheck.com/compare-devices/GanAuVzL/samsung-sm-g930f-galaxy-s7-lte-a-samsung-hero/samsung-sm-a510f-ds-galaxy-a5-2016-duos-td-lte

as I can use both 4G and 3G without problems and your phone supports the same network bands - it is some software restriction, not a hardware incompatibility with the network provider.

Try forcing the 3G more via service codes, for example:  *#*#4636#*#*

"Phone information" - "Set Preferred Network Type" - "WCDMA only", or "WCDMA/LTE".

this service menu setting does in fact differ from the usual phone settings!

TOT service is not a mobile service as such; but an alternative to land based Internet.

There is no 3G as far as I know. Just 3CA on Band 40. So it works or it doesn't. 

https://web.facebook.com/groups/totmobileuser/permalink/2648228755454119/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fdsa said:

at first I lold at those wonderful marketing decisions, but then...

well, TiT.

Looks like a great deal if you fall within it's catchment area. Just over 80 baht per month for unlimited data at home. What's not to like?

If I wasn't in such a lofty position, I would grab one without hesitation;

spacer.png

For 80 baht per month? Gimme! ????

• 2 weeks later...

I want to update. I spent a week in Pai, where to my amazement I had speeds exceeding 300mbs! So AIS is not misrepresenting or exaggerating my plan, it's just like most of us already know, it depends on location. It's so odd that a remote location up north would have incredible speed, yet in Bangkok I have a nominal speed of between 20 and 90 mbs. But, This Is Thailand. 

On 11/17/2021 at 5:31 PM, fdsa said:

why you pay that much every month if you get such low speed? you could get a 10mbps SIM for approx 1500 baht per year (~200 baht per month).

Throughout these threads the same occurs

List the sim required and short code please

Or put a link to the specified plan

Thanks

15 hours ago, Chivas said:

Throughout these threads the same occurs

List the sim required and short code please

Or put a link to the specified plan

Thanks

Unfortunately there are no such plans on all provider's websites and they don't sell these in their branches. And there is no USSD code to switch to this plan.

It is some kind of "corporate" or "promotion" SIM which is valid for 1 year only (you could not extend it for 1 more year after it expires) and you could buy it online only.

check here: https://www.lazada.co.th/a-lot1632290177/?q=All-Products&langFlag=en&from=wangpu&lang=en&pageTypeId=2

Edited by fdsa

On 11/17/2021 at 3:24 PM, AseanLao said:

I'd be willing to spend 2,000B - 3000B/month.

Just to be clear, your budget is 2,000 - 3,000 baht per month? Right?

All three providers offer unlimited bandwidth (up to 1 Gbps) and unlimited volume (no GB cap) within this price range. AIS has a base package at 1,199 max speed/unlimited volume. Fair use policies are even waived, although there are terms/conditions which allow the provider to limit applications like bittorrent.

Unfortunately these plans require a post-paid, one-year minimum commitment.

I'd recommend a visit to a shop to sort this out, they may require a work permit.

No clue why people are recommending low price, speed limited/unlimited volume packages?

On 11/17/2021 at 3:24 PM, AseanLao said:

offer unlimited maximum speed internet

I wouldn't read too much into that Opensignal article; that's aggregated from crowd-sourced data, and probably not representative of what you might experience in your location, with your current hardware.

On 11/22/2021 at 1:16 PM, scubascuba3 said:

It's an AIS deal they offer you when you call them. If you have an AIS sim already, unlimited data 10mbps 150 baht a month, 200 baht if you want calls

They seem to have changed their tune. A phone I bought for my son last year became out of contract on 5th December. He is on the 10mbps unlimited plus calls package. They would only offer me 299 baht +VAT/month. If I change the number they offered the 100GB deal, no unlimited. No 20 Mbps deals available, unlike Dtac who do a 20mbps deal (1690 Baht a year) so that's where sadly I will be headed. Just sent my passport number through to get my unlock code. AIS seem to be on a bit of a self-destruct mode having lost the Formula 1 not so long ago as well.......

5 minutes ago, rbkk said:

They seem to have changed their tune. A phone I bought for my son last year became out of contract on 5th December. He is on the 10mbps unlimited plus calls package. They would only offer me 299 baht +VAT/month. If I change the number they offered the 100GB deal, no unlimited. No 20 Mbps deals available, unlike Dtac who do a 20mbps deal (1690 Baht a year) so that's where sadly I will be headed. Just sent my passport number through to get my unlock code. AIS seem to be on a bit of a self-destruct mode having lost the Formula 1 not so long ago as well.......

Yes, they dropped it about 8 months ago.

I moved a post pay number which I was using, but was in my wife's name from true. I was sick of True customer service and sales reps, but I had unlimited data. I was advised to get my wife to put it in her name and to change the contract to my name a month later. A month later at the AIS shop, they said I would have to change the package and the best they could offer was 100GB of data.

I was pretty mad having paid out a lot to true to finish all my TV / phone contracts only a couple of days into the month, I think and then the following month because it had to be a full months notice. Then they AIS removed the offer that encouraged me to move providers. I managed to get to the supervisor who sorted it all out after a few calls, but I couldn't make the representative who I initially call see my point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rbkk said:

Your post is a bit of a muddle. You talk about a phone being out of contract...what does that have to do with anything??

Then you state that he is on a 10 Mbps package. So if he is on a package, why does he need another?

They would only offer 299 baht + VAT for what? Postpaid? Change it to prepaid and take advantage of the offers that way. 10 Mbps with free AIS to AIS calls for 200 baht per month is achievable; but 10 Mbps for 150 baht can also be applied to the Prepaid SIM by AIS.

Not sure how you've managed to mess that up.

Just about everyone I know with an existing SIM has been moved to 10 Mbps for 200 baht or less.

Change the number? From which network to which network?

No wonder they could not advise you better; their heads must have been spinning.

20 Mbps IS available; but only monthly, at 300 baht per month. You can only subscribe in 15 provinces.

Edited by Bruno123

On 12/10/2021 at 9:46 AM, mtls2005 said:

Just to be clear, your budget is 2,000 - 3,000 baht per month? Right?

All three providers offer unlimited bandwidth (up to 1 Gbps) and unlimited volume (no GB cap) within this price range. AIS has a base package at 1,199 max speed/unlimited volume. Fair use policies are even waived, although there are terms/conditions which allow the provider to limit applications like bittorrent.

Unfortunately these plans require a post-paid, one-year minimum commitment.

I'd recommend a visit to a shop to sort this out, they may require a work permit.

No clue why people are recommending low price, speed limited/unlimited volume packages?

I wouldn't read too much into that Opensignal article; that's aggregated from crowd-sourced data, and probably not representative of what you might experience in your location, with your current hardware.

Mentioned since the OP did not know about them and perhaps assumed that the only option for unlimited was max speed at that cost.

The OP hasn't given any indication that they have the equipment to obtain more than 20 Mbps up/down thus far.

Edited by Bruno123

1 hour ago, DrJoy said:

AIS 4G Max Unlimited postpaid plan = THB 1099 + Vat 7%

Has Unlimited 4G at max speed upto 300 mbps. No speed reduction

Bill in English, excellent customer care (English speaking)

Always run a speed test at your location before splashing out. 300 Mbps means nothing if it is not available to you.

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

Your post is a bit of a muddle. You talk about a phone being out of contract...what does that have to do with anything??

Then you state that he is on a 10 Mbps package. So if he is on a package, why does he need another?

They would only offer 299 baht + VAT for what? Postpaid? Change it to prepaid and take advantage of the offers that way. 10 Mbps with free AIS to AIS calls for 200 baht per month is achievable; but 10 Mbps for 150 baht can also be applied to the Prepaid SIM by AIS.

Not sure how you've managed to mess that up.

Just about everyone I know with an existing SIM has been moved to 10 Mbps for 200 baht or less.

Change the number? From which network to which network?

No wonder they could not advise you better; their heads must have been spinning.

20 Mbps IS available; but only monthly, at 300 baht per month. You can only subscribe in 15 provinces.

Sorry, let me clarify. I bought a discounted AIS Oppo A53 last December for 1,800 baht (Retail 5,499 Baht) and a postpaid 555 baht + VAT/month package (10 Mbps unlimited plus AIS calls). The 1 year of payments was up on 5th December. They are trying to get me to continue paying the same amount (593.85 baht) even though I now "Own" the phone.  

3 hours ago, rbkk said:

Sorry, let me clarify. I bought a discounted AIS Oppo A53 last December for 1,800 baht (Retail 5,499 Baht) and a postpaid 555 baht + VAT/month package (10 Mbps unlimited plus AIS calls). The 1 year of payments was up on 5th December. They are trying to get me to continue paying the same amount (593.85 baht) even though I now "Own" the phone.  

Idiots ???? Tell the call centre you want to change the number to Prepaid. Once on Prepaid you can apply unlimited 10 Mbps for 200 baht per month or less(if the call centre agree to 150).

The deals are on Prepaid. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, rbkk said:

If you want to retain the free AIS to AIS calls; once they issue a Prepaid SIM and before you top it up to add the 4/10/20 Mbps (150/200/300 baht) package, tap in *777*498# and the hit the dial key on your phone. That will change the SIM base promo to a Social SIM; which gives you unlimited AIS to AIS calls whenever you top up 150 baht or more.

Then top up the amount for the pack and apply the pack via call centre or USSD code.

You can also add unlimited any network calls for an extra 59 baht per month.