Jump to content

Private Water Well Drilling


RocketDog
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have a bore hole, it's 108m deep with sub pump hung off about 105m.

 

Drilled in about 2013, cost about 100K.

 

Water is far from ideal, lot's of calcium, installed fitlers that made little difference.

 

Easiest way to find out is to ask about the local neighbourhood, Poo Yai Baan will know, they're normally like the Oracle.

 

Good luck.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I have a bore hole, it's 108m deep with sub pump hung off about 105m.

 

Drilled in about 2013, cost about 100K.

 

Water is far from ideal, lot's of calcium, installed fitlers that made little difference.

 

Easiest way to find out is to ask about the local neighbourhood, Poo Yai Baan will know, they're normally like the Oracle.

 

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply and info Harry. I'll ask around.

 

Did you use an ion exchange filter? The water from our local supplier is also very heavy in calcium which is a real nuisance. But, the supply is so unreliable I'm seriously considering the investment in my own well. I have a small garden and swimming pool, so water needs aren't great, but still might be worth the investment especially if I could get better water quality. 

 

I'm just at the information gathering stage right now, so any info is appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Thanks for the reply and info Harry. I'll ask around.

 

Did you use an ion exchange filter? The water from our local supplier is also very heavy in calcium which is a real nuisance. But, the supply is so unreliable I'm seriously considering the investment in my own well. I have a small garden and swimming pool, so water needs aren't great, but still might be worth the investment especially if I could get better water quality. 

 

I'm just at the information gathering stage right now, so any info is appreciated.

I'm not sure what the filter system is tbh but pls let me know if you do have success, cost about 30K and has made very little difference ( if any ).

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, HashBrownHarry said:

I'm not sure what the filter system is tbh but pls let me know if you do have success, cost about 30K and has made very little difference ( if any ).

 

 

 

 

Harry, if it was that much it was probably an ion exchange. But I'm surprised it didn't help much.

 

If you have to put salt into it periodically, then it's an ion exchange. It flushes water through the salt bed periodically and the exchange resin must be renewed every few years, depending on water usage.

 

This link discusses the concept and product pricing for reference. They should take nearly all minerals out of the water.

https://watersofteneraddict.com/ionics-water-softener/

 

thanks for your reply.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

As a side note i'd also say it's very handy having you're own water supply, no issues if the mains go down.

 

I'd also like to have enough solar not to rely on mains but the initial outlay is quite a lot.

Yeah, I thought about that too. I grew up in the 50's in America and by the 70's was enthralled with alternative energy such as wind and solar electric.

As I learned more about the battery cost/maintenance, I realized that even with the cost of the cells themselves decreasing (and probably now as low as they will go), it's still a large investment. Since it is difficult in America now to sell power back to the grid, and probably impossible in LOS, it's just a bridge too far for me.

I was an electronic design engineer for over 50 years, and became deeply involved with battery tech. I am still very disappointed with the state of the art with batteries.

Being water independent would be good though, and within reach, even adding a water softener.

thanks again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RocketDog said:

Yeah, I thought about that too. I grew up in the 50's in America and by the 70's was enthralled with alternative energy such as wind and solar electric.

As I learned more about the battery cost/maintenance, I realized that even with the cost of the cells themselves decreasing (and probably now as low as they will go), it's still a large investment. Since it is difficult in America now to sell power back to the grid, and probably impossible in LOS, it's just a bridge too far for me.

I was an electronic design engineer for over 50 years, and became deeply involved with battery tech. I am still very disappointed with the state of the art with batteries.

Being water independent would be good though, and within reach, even adding a water softener.

thanks again.

Yeah, people have mentioned softners to me before but i'm yet to try, need to pull my finger out and give it a go.

 

Recently watched a show about Elon Mush putting civilians into space and orbited the earth 38 times in 3 days and we're still struggling with renewables, sad really.

 

I don't complain about it too much as work in the O & G industry and the state of fuel requirements keep me in a job.

 

Let me know how you make out with bore hole.

 

The subpump i use is a Franklin 1.5HP and very robust, i've pulled it once in 8 years just for a service.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, HashBrownHarry said:

Yeah, people have mentioned softners to me before but i'm yet to try, need to pull my finger out and give it a go.

 

Recently watched a show about Elon Mush putting civilians into space and orbited the earth 38 times in 3 days and we're still struggling with renewables, sad really.

 

I don't complain about it too much as work in the O & G industry and the state of fuel requirements keep me in a job.

 

Let me know how you make out with bore hole.

 

The subpump i use is a Franklin 1.5HP and very robust, i've pulled it once in 8 years just for a service.

Will do Harry, if I ever get as far as actually drilling one, I'll post here for sure. This is a topic that will come up over and over.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a 60m bore hole dug earlier this year near Pranburi. We have very hard rock it took 3 days (usually only 1 day). Cost 120k Baht. The water straight from the bore hole is good only about 300 Total Dissolved Solids. I bought a complete filter system from Lazada that includes 3 - 10" x 54" tanks with manual backwash valves plus a 20" Big Blue sediment filter and large(commercial UV Light). I installed it myself in total the filtration and UV light system cost about 20k Baht. The water from the bore hole is filtered before it enters 2 - 1000 l tanks.

 

Our water is now about 200 Total Dissolved Solids it tastes great we drink it straight from the tap, I didn't bother with the salt tank. 

Edited by Sakeopete
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

I used this person from Hua Hin for my well in Kaeng Krachan.  125 meters deep and a tough well to drill.  Cost was, I think, about 145-150k baht.   Very drinkable water but hard as heck.  I installed a salt tank and resin tank water softener system and that keeps the white scale build-up from forming.  The owner of the following company speaks good English.

 

Akarapat  Somrang (Pip)
Managing Director
Pro Drill Limited Partnership
Phone - Fax  +66 32 535353
Mobile : +66 86 335 335 3
Mobile : +66 806 800 900

 

It's been about 10 years since the well was drilled.  We did contact him about 4 years ago about drilling a well for a fried of ours.  I hope he's still in business.

Edited by patekatek
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...