American businesses ready to work with Thailand to restore economy

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The prime minister added that the American businesspersons did not express concern over the political situation in Thailand, but instead offered praise for the government’s work and its policies.

Maybe the interpreter skipped over that bit?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bang saen guy said:

I think that confirmation from the US Ambassador on CNN stating that the US gov't approves of unelected governments with no free speech is needed before this is believable.

After it's immediate neighbours of Canada and Mexico, China is the top trading partner with the US.  So I think the US stance on democracy and free speach is self evident.

16 hours ago, webfact said:

A delegation of businesspersons from the American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand (AMCHAM) entered a remote meeting with Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha and discussed relevant policies, and the crisis, as well as opportunities, brought about by the pandemic.

"American businesses"  I wonder what is meant by that these days?  Do these folks represent multinationals? Those are Thai companies which pay no US tax and employ few Americans. There's also a better than average chance that the individual delegates are not US citizens.