AirAsia, Chiang Mai to Phuket

btwretail

Situation:

Flying from Chiang Mai to Phuket on the 2nd of December with my son.

I am double vaccinated.

He is 7 years old and not vaccinated.

As I understand, as double vaccinated I can fly without a Covid test. Is that correct?

Regarding my son, I have no idea and have tried to contact AirAsia who unfortunatly do not have any kind of real person support. (and can not find any info on their site and virtual help system) In short: AirAsia sucks and I truly regret booking with them.

Do anyone know what is actual needed?? Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

If I were you, I'd definitely talk to somebody at AA to make sure what the current rules are.....would ruin your trip if you showed up at the airport for your flight time to find out you have a problem.

However....from AA website regarding travel restrictions:  "SEPANG, 6 October 2021 - In preparation for the full resumption of its domestic and subsequently international flight services, AirAsia Malaysia (flight code AK) has made it mandatory for only completely vaccinated adult guests to be allowed to board its flights, effective immediately. Guests under the age of 18 if unvaccinated or partially-vaccinated must be accompanied by fully-vaccinated parents or guardian." 

If those are the current rules, you're fine; otherwise, maybe not.

Edited by CMBob
Spelling error by my keyboard....lol