Bigbike riders in Phuket , how does the traffic police treating you ?

oMega69

Most riders have upgraded sport exhaust on there bikes i guess?..
And now Checkpoints starting again in Phuket area..

So does the police harrasing your there? .. pulling the 1k ticket for "illigal modification"

Going for a monthly trip tp Phuket so will be helpful if i know the status down there !  . . .
Might be worth putting the original cans on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

As annoying as they are loud exhausts or no baffle do help drivers know you are around. 

Particularly useful in countries like Australia where drivers often have no awareness whatsoever of motorcyclists.

Re police checkpoints here in Phuket..

I have seen only 1 here since the start of the year and i ride around a lot. 

The one i saw was down after chalong circle heading to rawaii. 

Even the checkpoint before patong hill hasn't been open. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Loud pipes do save lives but with that said loud and obnoxious are two different things. When in the city you don't have to run wide open, we know you are there, leave that for when you are not in the city. The last "BIG Bike" I owned was a Harley Davidson Dynawide with Vance and Haines shorties and more than once those loud (not obnoxious) pipes saved my ass from idiot drivers.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, London Lowf said:

OP - I guess that you are a teenager?

If or when you grow up you will realise what a selfish antisocial idiot you are, but will no doubt find some other way to annoy those around you!

What, like you posting this kind of trope here. Mission accomplished! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Same could be said of someone hooting their horn on their bike or car though. thats what its there for.

Well of course, use the horn and my thumb is always ready to hit it.

But there are plenty of times where the pipes have been a positive safety tool, as well.

• Haha 1

nawww my pipe aint loud so no worries trouble some residents . . . just blody enoying paying greed cops tea money...

so the main question here is does the checkpoints harras bigbike owners or just the trying to get tea money from charter tourist with no helmet and licenses ?. 

2 hours ago, oMega69 said:

nawww my pipe aint loud so no worries trouble some residents . . . just blody enoying paying greed cops tea money...

so the main question here is does the checkpoints harras bigbike owners or just the trying to get tea money from charter tourist with no helmet and licenses ?. 

If you're legal you have nothing to worry about.

Don't listen to all the whingers and wa***s now crying out from their blue roofed cottage in Nakhon Nowhere. Loud pipes safe lifes. Period. Never had any issue coz of my very loud bike bike, they pick more on scooter gangs, if any at all. Don't overdo it , have your DL and paperwork in order and it's all good. Enjoy and ride on.

3 hours ago, Deli said:

Don't listen to all the whingers and wa***s now crying out from their blue roofed cottage in Nakhon Nowhere. Loud pipes safe lifes. Period. Never had any issue coz of my very loud bike bike, they pick more on scooter gangs, if any at all. Don't overdo it , have your DL and paperwork in order and it's all good. Enjoy and ride on.

Good to hear , u riding here in Phuket ? . .