June 28, 20224 yr Author On 5/10/2022 at 3:16 PM, Sigma6 said: OP - did you have any joy sourcing a GR Yaris? No luck. Never found one. Don’t even know where to begin. This car is extremely difficult to source.
June 28, 20224 yr Have you considered a TOYOTA GAZOO Racing Premieres Japanese-market GR Corolla RZ and 2-seater, Enhanced-performance GR Corolla Morizo Edition https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/toyota/37344924.html https://www.facebook.com/CarNewsUpdateFanpage/posts/pfbid0kRnx6javxDHafPYpV2hciqa9MwRWNw6g3bL67ih6a6xT8Qp6zjPozSEoxrGaUKbzl Toyota Thailand dealers taking orders for September delivery limited numbers
June 29, 20224 yr Author 10 hours ago, vinny41 said: Have you considered a TOYOTA GAZOO Racing Premieres Japanese-market GR Corolla RZ and 2-seater, Enhanced-performance GR Corolla Morizo Edition https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/toyota/37344924.html https://www.facebook.com/CarNewsUpdateFanpage/posts/pfbid0kRnx6javxDHafPYpV2hciqa9MwRWNw6g3bL67ih6a6xT8Qp6zjPozSEoxrGaUKbzl Toyota Thailand dealers taking orders for September delivery limited numbers Not interested in the GR Corolla. I knew about it last year and now that it's been unveiled, my suspicions are reaffirmed. A watered-down version of the GR Yaris that they're trying to shove down people's throats. In short, I don't like the looks, it's considerably heavier (by almost 400 lbs), and nowhere near the uniqueness/specialness of a true homologation special. GR Yaris is the only car I want. It's incredibly hard to source (worldwide) for a reason. If I can't get one, I will consider a Mitsubishi Evo 5 or 6. To me, it's the closest equivalent in terms of engagement and fun. Edited June 29, 20224 yr by macgt3
June 29, 20224 yr 4 hours ago, macgt3 said: Not interested in the GR Corolla. I knew about it last year and now that it's been unveiled, my suspicions are reaffirmed. A watered-down version of the GR Yaris that they're trying to shove down people's throats. In short, I don't like the looks, it's considerably heavier (by almost 400 lbs), and nowhere near the uniqueness/specialness of a true homologation special. GR Yaris is the only car I want. It's incredibly hard to source (worldwide) for a reason. If I can't get one, I will consider a Mitsubishi Evo 5 or 6. To me, it's the closest equivalent in terms of engagement and fun. I think you find Toyota will have no problem selling the GR Corolla without resorting to huge discounts or other incentives suspect reservation list will be hugely oversubscribed similar to GR Yaris was oversubscribed
July 1, 20224 yr https://www.facebook.com/25gbangkok They are accepting pre-orders on the GR Yaris ????
July 1, 20224 yr On 11/24/2021 at 11:14 AM, macgt3 said: I already have. Not my cup of tea. Nowhere near the pedigree, feel, and speciality of the GR Yaris. Most powerful 3-cyl engine in the world, loads of carbon and lightweight parts, astonishing AWD with 50-50 to 70-30 split, built mostly by hand in Motomachi plant… the list goes on. Don’t get me wrong, the GR86 is a good car for the price, but it is not in the same league and will never age as well as the GR Yaris will. The GR Yaris is an instant classic that’s already selling for double the price in some parts of the world. Mexico sold out of them in less than 24 hours. It’s truly the most unique and special Toyota ever built. IMO, much more special than the likes of MKIV Supra, etc. A homologation unicorn. Those come once in a lifetime. The last homologation model that you could write home about was the e30 M3 and that was 35 years ago. I know this market well. The GR Yaris is a car that will be worth 10+ million Baht 5-10 years from now. I can promise you that. Check the US yet https://carsaqua.com/toyota-gr-yaris-2023-price-in-usa
July 4, 20224 yr You can buy one here :2022 Toyota Yaris 1.6 (ปี 20-26) GR 4WD Hatchback for sale on One2car
July 4, 20224 yr 7 minutes ago, LosLobo said: You can buy one here :2022 Toyota Yaris 1.6 (ปี 20-26) GR 4WD Hatchback for sale on One2car That was hard to source. ???? They don't say how much, reminds me of my uncle joking who was a Bentley salesman in London he use to say if they ask how much it is they can't afford it. ????
July 15, 20224 yr Author On 7/3/2022 at 10:50 PM, LosLobo said: You can buy one here :2022 Toyota Yaris 1.6 (ปี 20-26) GR 4WD Hatchback for sale on One2car Thanks. I saw this one a while back. It sold immediately. In fact, it sold before it was listed. The seller already had a buyer lined up, but listed it anyway for good measure. I had my Thai wife reach out to them. The seller told us these cars are harder to source than a pot of gold. And he's not lying. This is probably the most sought-after new sports car on the planet. I know people who ordered theirs directly through Toyota 2 years ago and are still waiting. Sadly, these cars don't last a day on the open market. They are selling for 3.5-4 million baht at the moment here in Thailand. Not surprising, given its true specialness and unicorn status. There's no ICE car like it and I can confidently say there never will be after production ends. I realize that to most people "it's just a Yaris". But if you know, then you know.
July 15, 20224 yr Author On 7/1/2022 at 7:40 AM, JoeW said: https://www.facebook.com/25gbangkok They are accepting pre-orders on the GR Yaris ???? Thanks. I already spoke to these guys several times in the last 2 years and they don't do "preorders" the traditional Toyota way. They just do a direct import from Japan, which can take 1-2 years. They're insanely expensive too (way more than other importers I spoke with).
July 18, 20224 yr Author On 7/15/2022 at 11:42 PM, seedy said: 3 cylinder turbo - 3 to 4 million THB - no thanks I’m glad it doesn’t interest you. One less person to bid against. It may be a hefty 3-4 million baht today, but it will be worth 7-8 million baht in 5 years. I can promise you that.
July 19, 20224 yr I can't be of any help OP, but good luck! In the UK the circuit pack variant can be had for around £33500 (~1.47m Baht), just goes to show the crazy price hikes in Thailand! Sounds like you've got your heart set on this car only, but I'd definitely consider an A45 AMG. I've got a 2017 C63 AMG back in London which I miss dearly, if only there was a way to bring it over to Thailand (except in a million pieces!)
July 21, 20224 yr On 7/19/2022 at 7:59 PM, pazienza said: n the UK the circuit pack variant can be had for around £33500 (~1.47m Baht), just goes to show the crazy price hikes in Thailand! So if the OP wants it purely as an investment - buy it in UK (or elsewhere) and put it into professional storage. He's 2M baht better off right at the start. Edited July 21, 20224 yr by Tuvoc
July 22, 20224 yr From UK Autocar magazine. Hot hatch creates sensation. The result is that Toyota UK now has filled its GR Yaris order allocations for both this year and next. Additional cars will come to the UK in the future. However, customers will need to reserve one. Toyota will open the GR Yaris 2024 waiting list, available through dealers, on 12 July.
July 30, 20224 yr Author On 7/21/2022 at 7:52 AM, Tuvoc said: So if the OP wants it purely as an investment - buy it in UK (or elsewhere) and put it into professional storage. He's 2M baht better off right at the start. Thanks for your suggestion. Things is, I don't want it as an investment. I want it as a fun, engaging, rally-inspired hot hatch with three pedals. There are no cars like this being made anymore. None. The "investment" part is just a byproduct of owning such a car. You can drive it for 5, 10, or 15 years and it'll be worth more. A lot more. None of this is "theory" BTW. There are thousands of examples like this in Thailand. Used Nissan GTR's that were imported here years ago are now *actually* selling for 10-15 million baht. They cost 1/3rd that to import. Rare cars like this only appreciate in price. The irony here is that a GR Yaris is much harder to source nowadays than GTR's were back in the day. This car was officially priced at 2.6 mil baht when purchased directly from Toyota Thailand, which I think is a fair price after import fees and taxes. To that end, I certainly hope that Toyota will create another list of allocations at some point. Otherwise, I will entertain the idea of importing it at a higher cost. Best bet would be to find a slightly used one. Problem there is that used ones already cost a lot more than they did new at 2.6 mil. The car market is insane as it is. But it's multiple times more insane for cars like this. Even in the UK, I highly doubt that you can get a new GR Yaris from a lot for 1.5 mil baht. From what I've seen, most UK dealerships add a hefty markup to this car because demand is off the charts worldwide (not just in Thailand). The only way you can get it at MSRP is if you place your order well in advance. Speaking of which, many folks over at GR Yaris forum have already waited close to 2 years after placing their order. Edited July 30, 20224 yr by macgt3
July 30, 20224 yr On 11/22/2021 at 10:11 PM, macgt3 said: Because to me it’s the best looking hot hatch ever made. It’s also a true homologation special. Find me a faster, more rewarding AWD hot hatch with a manual transmission in this price range. You can’t. The only new car in existence that comes close is the Golf R, which is not only more expensive, but also heavier and nowhere near as nimble. With some of the drivers here in Thailand it sounds like you really want to have a holiday in ICU.
July 30, 20224 yr 10 minutes ago, macgt3 said: Thanks for your suggestion. Things is, I don't want it as an investment. I want it as a fun, engaging, rally-inspired hot hatch with three pedals. There are no cars like this being made anymore. None. The "investment" part is just a byproduct of owning such a car. You can drive it for 5, 10, or 15 years and it'll be worth more. A lot more. None of this is "theory" BTW. There are thousands of examples like this in Thailand. Used Nissan GTR's that were imported here years ago are now *actually* selling for 10-15 million baht. They cost 1/3rd that to import. Rare cars like this only appreciate in price. The irony here is that a GR Yaris is much harder to source nowadays than GTR's were back in the day. This car was officially priced at 2.6 mil baht when purchased directly from Toyota Thailand, which I think is a fair price after import fees and taxes. To that end, I certainly hope that Toyota will create another list of allocations at some point. Otherwise, I will entertain the idea of importing it at a higher cost. Best bet would be to find a slightly used one. Problem there is that used ones already cost a lot more than they did new at 2.6 mil. The car market is insane as it is. But it's multiple times more insane for cars like this. Even in the UK, I highly doubt you can get a new GR Yaris from a lot for 1.5 mil baht. From what I've seen, most UK dealerships charge a hefty premium on this car. The only way you can get it at MSRP is if you place your order and you're willing to wait. Speaking of which, some folks on the GR Yaris forums have been waiting for close to 2 years. In Thailand, on Thai roads, where dogs, cows jump out on you, where granny wiv no glasses or licence pulls in front of you, where every other car or truck driver is driving under the influence of booze or concoction ...............???? It all sounds very sensible to me...................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
July 30, 20224 yr Author 6 minutes ago, transam said: In Thailand, on Thai roads, where dogs, cows jump out on you, where granny wiv no glasses or licence pulls in front of you, where every other car or truck driver is driving under the influence of booze or concoction ...............???? It all sounds very sensible to me...................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It's all relative, bud. I find that Thai drivers are safer than American drivers. By a long shot. So yeah, it does sound sensible to me. Drove here for 5 years now and I can't relate to any of the cows or dogs jumping out at me ???? Edited July 30, 20224 yr by macgt3
July 30, 20224 yr 1 minute ago, macgt3 said: It's all relative, bud. I find that Thai drivers are safer than American drivers. By a long shot. So yeah, it does sound sensible to me. Drove here for 5 years now and I can't relate to any of the cows or dogs jumping out at me ???? Thai drivers are safer, strange that the Thai road carnage statistics say otherwise..... Dog's and cows, still time, advise you have open headers............????...
July 30, 20224 yr 8 minutes ago, transam said: In Thailand, on Thai roads, where dogs, cows jump out on you, where granny wiv no glasses or licence pulls in front of you, where every other car or truck driver is driving under the influence of booze or concoction ...............???? It all sounds very sensible to me...................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Talk about OCD met strange people like this with bikes. Cars the same as bikes you could build a custom car here using the small Mazda which looks much the same or the pre 1•5 type Yaris cars and make it faster.
July 30, 20224 yr Author 15 minutes ago, transam said: Thai drivers are safer, strange that the Thai road carnage statistics say otherwise..... Dog's and cows, still time, advise you have open headers............????... Considering there are millions of officially registered mopeds and scooters in Thailand vs almost none in the US, I wouldn't take those "road carnage statistics" too seriously given that 75% of them involve motorcycles. You came here to advise me not to drive a Toyota Yaris on Thai roads because it's too dangerous. Got it. Any other dangers I should avoid? - Bar girls? Street food?
July 30, 20224 yr 8 hours ago, macgt3 said: I want it as a fun, engaging, rally-inspired hot hatch with three pedals. There are no cars like this being made anymore. I was quite tempted by WRX (not the STI) but they've stopped importing the manual version here. I think they've stopped importing the STI altogether.
Create an account or sign in to comment