Potential children overstay

Myself, my half Thai partner and our two 1/4 Thai kids have arrived in Thailand for the next 9 months (I’m on STV). 
 The boys are 2 months and 19 months old, we tried to get them Thai birth certs in Thai embassy London prior to leaving UK but upon arrival at embassy were told my partner needed her Thai ID card (she’s not got one) and that just her passport wasn’t good enough, you can only obtain the ID card in Thailand so our hands were tied.

So here we are, in Thailand. Partner entered on her Thai passport so no issues there, I’m on my STV but the boys are currently a couple of days into their visa exemption. We are going to sort my partners Thai ID card tomorrow and so hopefully can obtain birth certs (although possibly can only be done in London) and passports. 
 I have a couple of questions.

1) are we going to have to go back to the Uk to sort this out?

2) if we overstay, what happens if we pass an immigration checkpoint and the boys stamps are obviously expired? Do we need to leave the country or is it overlooked because of their ages? 
3) I’m open to any helpful suggestions so fire away.

Thanks in advance for any help

1. The Consular Affairs' Department of the MFA in Bangkok can assist with doing the applications for the children's Thai birth certificates.  The will help with completing the applications and they will send them to the embassy in London.

2. It is possible for the children to apply for one year extensions as returning Thai nationals at immigration.

It will require their UK birth certificates and proof their mother is Thai (ID card and house book registry). No need for an overstay. 

FYI children under the age of 15 do not get fined for overstays. But always best for them to keep their stay legal.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

1. The Consular Affairs' Department of the MFA in Bangkok can assist doing the applications for the children's birth certificates.  The will help with completing the applications and they will send them to the embassy in London.

2. It is possible for the children to apply for one year extensions as returning Thai nationals at immigration.

It will require their UK birth certificates and proof their mother is Thai (ID card and house book registry). No need for an overstay. 

FYI children under the age of 15 do not get fined for overstays. But always best for them to keep their stay legal.

Great thanks very much for that. I will attempt to get them their Thai docs but point 2 has put me at ease.

Cheers!