Thailand Pass

Could someone please give me a link to apply for the Thailand Pass, plus to get the ten-day quarantine and also the insurance?

A year back, I heard it was 100K USD COVID insurance that was needed. Now I'm hearing it's 50K, is this correct? Or does this differ whether or not you've been vaccinated?

Plus, I have a connecting flight travelling from the UK via Singapore. When inputting my flight number, should I use the UK to Singapore one or the Singapore to Bangkok one?

Silly questions possibly but I know how anal retentive the system can be,

Many thanks.

Edited by Edward Abbott

Once you click on the Non-Thai Nationals button, you will be taken to a page listing the various plans available which are Exemption from Quarantine, Sandbox Programme, and Alternative Quarantine. Base upon your original post, I'm assuming you are planning to use the Alternative Quarantine plan which has the following conditions:

AlternativeQuarantine.jpg

1 minute ago, donx said:

Once you click on the Non-Thai Nationals button, you will be taken to a page listing the various plans available which are Exemption from Quarantine, Sandbox Programme, and Alternative Quarantine. Base upon your original post, I'm assuming you are planning to use the Alternative Quarantine plan which has the following conditions:

AlternativeQuarantine.jpg

Yes that is exactly correct. I also need to book a hotel and insurance beforehand I believe, which matches the criteria.

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The arriving flight (arriving in Thailand).

Correct, the Singapore to Bangkok flight number. But you put United Kingdom as your "Departure from country / area" entry, not Singapore.

• Like 2

Make sure you check the transit rules for Singapore.  When I came back (early September), an RT-PCR test was required within 72 hours of transit; however,

about mid-September, Singapore changed it to 48 hours.  I can't say what it is today.....but may be wise for you to check.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Make sure you check the transit rules for Singapore.  When I came back (early September), an RT-PCR test was required within 72 hours of transit; however,

about mid-September, Singapore changed it to 48 hours.  I can't say what it is today.....but may be wise for you to check.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I've just checked and it is indeed 48 hours. In case I fall short of the timeline, what do you think the consequences will be? Maybe I'll have to take another test in Singapore at my own expense. Thank you again.

27 minutes ago, CMBob said:

I may be wrong and I wish someone knows the answer. Singapore airlines sight recently said 2 days before but many posters say 48 hours before flight LEAVES for Singapore ( even if you are transiting only at Changi airport). The reason I am personally trying to get an answer is that some flights leave in the evening to Singapore. For example the non stop 18 1/2 hour flight from New York City departs NYC at 9:40pm. So I understand you need a PCR test ANYTIME on let's say Tuesday for a Thursday night flight. BUT if it really is 48hrs before flight you can usually only get a test Weds morning for a Thursday night flight ( which just adds more anxiety to your trip) and some people have a flight BEFORE the flight to Singapore as well and you need a paper copy of PCR test as well and time to print this out before leaving. Can anyone leave an answer. Is it Two days before your flight or 48 hours or less before your flight? Thanks 

16 minutes ago, Edward Abbott said:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I've just checked and it is indeed 48 hours. In case I fall short of the timeline, what do you think the consequences will be? Maybe I'll have to take another test in Singapore at my own expense. Thank you again.

Where exactly did you check and find out 48 hours before?  Please see my above comment as well. Thanks!  Maybe people coming from NYC get 2 days before flight and other places are 48 hours or less only. Due to flight departure times. 

Edited by alex8912

2 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Where exactly did you check and find out 48 hours before?  Please see my above comment as well. Thanks!  Maybe people coming from NYC get 2 days before flight and other places are 48 hours before only. Due to flight departure times. 

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/travel-info/transit-through-singapore/

9 minutes ago, Edward Abbott said:

Ok thanks. I'm starting to think that it is 48 hours from UK and most other places but it may be 2 days before for NYC departures. I'm going to look on line again but also call them later today. I just found this on Singapore air sight

"The test must be conducted within two days before the scheduled departure date of their flight (e.g. if the pre-departure test is taken on 1 November 2021, it will be valid for departures up to 3 November 2021, 2359 hours). The requirement for a pre-departure Covid-19 test does not apply to children aged 2 years and below (i.e. born in or after 2019).

For those taking a connecting flight to Singapore, the test must be taken within two days before the scheduled departure date of their first flight. The total scheduled ground time in transit (i.e. time spent in the connecting airport or airports) must not exceed 24 hours. If the total scheduled ground time in transit is more than 24 hours, a pre-departure Covid-19 PCR test must be taken within two days from the last direct flight to Singapore." I think it is different when arriving from the USA. Which can add to the confusion. 

Edited by alex8912

13 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Ok thanks. I'm starting to think that it is 48 hours from UK and most other places but it may be 2 days before for NYC departures. I'm going to look on line again but also call them later today. I just found this on Singapore air sight

"The test must be conducted within two days before the scheduled departure date of their flight (e.g. if the pre-departure test is taken on 1 November 2021, it will be valid for departures up to 3 November 2021, 2359 hours). The requirement for a pre-departure Covid-19 test does not apply to children aged 2 years and below (i.e. born in or after 2019).

For those taking a connecting flight to Singapore, the test must be taken within two days before the scheduled departure date of their first flight. The total scheduled ground time in transit (i.e. time spent in the connecting airport or airports) must not exceed 24 hours. If the total scheduled ground time in transit is more than 24 hours, a pre-departure Covid-19 PCR test must be taken within two days from the last direct flight to Singapore." I think it is different when arriving from the USA. Which can add to the confusion. 

Ok thanks, I'll call my travel agency and the airline here.

3 minutes ago, Edward Abbott said:

Ok thanks, I'll call my travel agency and the airline here.

Yes I thinks it's a good idea. And for sure check again 3/4 days before a flight. These "rules " seem to change almost daily now! Also the airlines do have different requirements from different countries that can be a little confusing. But technically 48 hours before and 2 days before are not the same thing. I think a lot of people like myself thought it was 48 hours before but that 9:40pm departure time from JFK/NYC made me think how can Singapore Air expect everyone to be able to do this?  It also shows someone at Singapore Air actually thought this all out regarding departures from New York for example. 

My (Thai) wife and I are planning a trip from the USA to BKK around Late Feb 2022.  Does anybody know where the required PCR test can normally be administered and its results issued in time to comply with Thai Immigration stipulations and/or airline requirements?

Also, does anyone know which airlines are flying into BKK from US departure points? 

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Fore Man said:

My (Thai) wife and I are planning a trip from the USA to BKK around Late Feb 2022.  Does anybody know where the required PCR test can normally be administered and its results issued in time to comply with Thai Immigration stipulations and/or airline requirements?

Also, does anyone know which airlines are flying into BKK from US departure points? 

Thank you!

The USA is a big place. My wife and offspring are flying out of Washington Dulles (IAD) to Narita Tokyo and then on to Bangkok. I have schedules a PCR test at a clinic in Vienna Virginia that guarantees results within 24 hours. So where you live will determine what flights make the most sense for you as well as where to get a PCR test.

30 minutes ago, Fore Man said:

.....Does anybody know where the required PCR test can normally be administered and its results issued in time to comply with Thai Immigration stipulations and/or airline requirements?

When I came back from the US (originating in northern Michigan), there were absolutely no labs, hospitals, or clinics that offered the RT-PCR test other than "within 72 hours"; given I had to fly to Chicago and then to San Francisco to catch the Singapore Air flight, I had no choice but to get the test in either Chicago or San Francisco (I ended up getting it on a Wednesday afternoon in San Francisco with results received the next day mid-morning which was adequate for my flight at 10:05PM that very night).  I found the clinic offering results within 24 hours on the net at a rather hefty price ($399.00) (they would also do same day results for more money).

Because I was a bit confused as to when the Thai 72-hour time period started/ended, I called the Thai Consulate in Chicago....and they clearly explained to me that the 72-hour time period ends when your first international flight leaves the US departs (and not when I departed on domestic flights).  

As a final note, I had to go through the Certificate of Entry routine and was rejected the first 3 times because I inserted the flight info from Singapore to Phuket in some part of the form - whereas it turns out they wanted the flight info for my first international flight out of San Francisco.  Maybe part of the reason I made that mistake is I've filled in the arrival/departure (TM6) card 30+ times in the last 20+ years and have always inserted the flight info for the last leg into Thailand and not the flight info for my flight out of the US. Hopefully the Thailand Pass online application is clearer so people don't make the mistakes I did.

28 minutes ago, CMBob said:

When I came back from the US (originating in northern Michigan), there were absolutely no labs, hospitals, or clinics that offered the RT-PCR test other than "within 72 hours"; given I had to fly to Chicago and then to San Francisco to catch the Singapore Air flight, I had no choice but to get the test in either Chicago or San Francisco (I ended up getting it on a Wednesday afternoon in San Francisco with results received the next day mid-morning which was adequate for my flight at 10:05PM that very night).  I found the clinic offering results within 24 hours on the net at a rather hefty price ($399.00) (they would also do same day results for more money).

Because I was a bit confused as to when the Thai 72-hour time period started/ended, I called the Thai Consulate in Chicago....and they clearly explained to me that the 72-hour time period ends when your first international flight leaves the US departs (and not when I departed on domestic flights).  

As a final note, I had to go through the Certificate of Entry routine and was rejected the first 3 times because I inserted the flight info from Singapore to Phuket in some part of the form - whereas it turns out they wanted the flight info for my first international flight out of San Francisco.  Maybe part of the reason I made that mistake is I've filled in the arrival/departure (TM6) card 30+ times in the last 20+ years and have always inserted the flight info for the last leg into Thailand and not the flight info for my flight out of the US. Hopefully the Thailand Pass online application is clearer so people don't make the mistakes I did.

Sorry to hear about your situation. When registering for the Thailand Pass, I used the flight from Tokyo to Bangkok, but the application isn't clear about that - at least it wasn't when I was registering last week. I did have to specify that the country of departure is the United States of America and not Japan.

I don't know when you flew back to Thailand, but as of now and in the Washington DC area, there are multiple locations that are providing what they call "travel PCR tests". Most of them won't accept insurance and the costs are all over the place. However, I found a clinic that accepts insurance and returns results within 24 hours.