Trip report to UK and back.

9 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

No,

Just your passenger locator form which will include a lateral flow test being delivered to your UK address.

On your return to Thailand, you will need TWO PCR tests. One from the UK within 72 hours of flight departure and another one the day you arrive in Thailand under the test and go scheme. So, the three tests add about 150 GBP to your trip costs.

I don't think it includes the Lateral Flow test being delivered. I think that's just an option.

I filled in the Locator from and was told to book a LFT for day two, (arrival day being day zero). I chose to get mine done at a testing facility near the hotel where I was staying. Booked that and a PCR for Fit to Fly. I booked Mon morning for Wed morning flight departure.

8 hours ago, phetphet said:

I don't think it includes the Lateral Flow test being delivered. I think that's just an option.

I filled in the Locator from and was told to book a LFT for day two, (arrival day being day zero). I chose to get mine done at a testing facility near the hotel where I was staying. Booked that and a PCR for Fit to Fly. I booked Mon morning for Wed morning flight departure.

Well, you cannot complete the passenger locator form until you have booked and paid a lateral flow test because it sends a code to your email. It is not optional.

The problem with traveling is that the situation and requirements can change very quickly as has happened to South Africa with this new variant of concern.

For myself, I'm not going to risk it unless absolutely necessary. Still too much of a lottery.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Well, you cannot complete the passenger locator form until you have booked and paid a lateral flow test because it sends a code to your email. It is not optional.

i wasn't talking about the LTF being optional.  Rather the poster stated it could be delivered and I stated that might be another option to have it delivered to your home I don't know. I just booked mine at a test ing lab.

I just looked.. The facility I used offers both home and in clinic testing:

https://biogroup-laboratory.co.uk/day-2-rapid-lateral-flow-antigen-test/

Edited by phetphet
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2021 at 10:43 PM, rickudon said:

More likely 150-200 GBP.

More than that for me. The LTF was around £30 in clinic, the PCR around £80, the one night hotel  quarantine (PCR and day 6 LTF included) for Thailand was around 6,600THB. Add in fares to get to and from all these facilities and I reckon not far short of £300.

Edited by phetphet
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

i wasn't talking about the LTF being optional.  Rather the poster stated it could be delivered and I stated that might be another option to have it delivered to your home I don't know. I just booked mine at a test ing lab.

I just looked.. The facility I used offers both home and in clinic testing:

https://biogroup-laboratory.co.uk/day-2-rapid-lateral-flow-antigen-test/

Yeah,

I opted for home test for LFT  and in testing lab for PCR fit to fly.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 5:51 AM, phetphet said:

No. I did not need any test to board the flight to exit thailand. I was asked to show my Thailand Pass, insurance and vaccination passport,

The only tests I did were a day 2 Lateral Flow test in the UK. Arrival day is classed as day zero. Then a PCR-test for Fit To Fly certificate.

How much was the lateral flow test, did you have to book it online?

4 hours ago, Lancelot01 said:

How much was the lateral flow test, did you have to book it online?

£28. I just googled for testing sites near the hotel I was staying in, chose one and booked both the LTF and the PCR (£80) for Fit to Fly for return.

Prices for both tests vary wildly between different test sites.

• Thanks 1