10+ year old foreign exchange certificate useable to buy a condo right now ?

hi,

10+ year ago I sold my house in farangland

I transferred the money to Thailand to a Kasikorn Euro account

I got a brownish receipt stating the euros

A few years later I converted the euros to my Thai bank account

The Euro dominated account, I closed as I had no more use for it

Is this 10+ year old FET of any value today, if I want to buy a condo ?

Could I go to Kasikorn and ask them to give me proof I indeed send money abroad, even it was not to buy a condo in that time ?

The value of the FET was way more than the shoebox condo I plan to buy

Edited by Justanotherone

Hello , yes its possible , last December I used an FET from 2012 to buy a Foreign freehold Condominium.

First find the Condo you want to buy and when you have made the contract and have the correct address of the Condo , floor, unit number , Condo building name. Go to your bank with the FET and they should design a letter for you which is what the land office now requires. The land office wont just accept the FET anymore anyway even if it's a very recent one , they now require this letter from the bank that shows all the details of the original transfer and the condo unit number and address.

They have introduced this requirement to stop people using the same FET multiple times.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brick Top said:

They have introduced this requirement to stop people using the same FET multiple times.

Does that mean it is the bank’s job to keep track of how much of the money brought into the country, has been spent on condos (and which of them, might have been sold again)?

On 11/26/2021 at 4:33 PM, Brick Top said:

Hello , yes its possible , last December I used an FET from 2012 to buy a Foreign freehold Condominium.

First find the Condo you want to buy and when you have made the contract and have the correct address of the Condo , floor, unit number , Condo building name. Go to your bank with the FET and they should design a letter for you which is what the land office now requires. The land office wont just accept the FET anymore anyway even if it's a very recent one , they now require this letter from the bank that shows all the details of the original transfer and the condo unit number and address.

By the way I would like to add that my GBP was also transferred into a FCD account which I had at time and later changed into THB.