Anutin hits out at bars and pubs for opening illegally

webfact

2 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Very few restaurants are allowed to sell alcohol due to stringent, impossible to achieve license restrictions.

Nonsense, there are many restaurants in permitted areas legally selling alcohol, the requirements are not "impossible to achieve".   It's ridiculous to suggest that licence requirements are impossible to achieve in the face of so many actually achieving the requirements!

7 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If anyone was in any doubt about the agenda of this puritanical regime against alcohol.

There it is, in black and white.

If you have a bar or entertainment business in Thailand, you might want to consider diversifying into other sectors.

I reckon they should set up a field test. Choose 2 bars in a disr=trict in Bangkok. Allow both to open (with SHA+ infection control protocols in place, obviously). One place can serve alchol and the other can't. For 3 weeks ATK test every person leaving the bar and compare the figures. The bar selling alcohol will have much higher infection rates. NOT because of the alcohol, because nobody would be going to a bar with no booze. However, skillful manipulation of the data (keeping the total attendees at each bar secret) would give them enough eveidence to close every bar, club and entertainment venue for good. After all, that's what they want. If alcohol was a major factor in the spread of Covid, why haven't they banned its sale in shops and supermarkets? Locals go buy a case and then all gather at each others houses and get drunk. Surely no different to being in a bar, but THAT'S okay, being in a place where Covid prevention measures can be enforced ISN'T okay. Not an ounce of sense anywhere in their thinking.

14 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:
38 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I'm not being naïve, I'm being accurate.  Unless you can point out my naiveté, specifically.

Alcohol consumption and social interaction go together ... drinking alone in your room

Who said anything about "drinking alone in your room"?  I sure didn't.

Do you see any "entertainment" problems here (the 24th as an example): 

Chiang Mai COVID-19 presser notes Nov. 24
family group infections have improved dramatically
measures of control in red zone areas and measures including ATK testing have made it possible to bring infected people into the treatment process quickly.
37 ongoing clusters
Central Airport +10 - linked to one Expo event and has spread to many shops.
New cluster - construction camp beside the Full Moon Hotel in San Phi Suea +7
Construction camp and Chiang Mai Rajabhat Uni Stadium in Mae Tim +3
new recruits cluster at Fort Kawila +8
Migrant labor dorm near Wat Tha Khak in Fa Ham +3
various clusters with 1-2 cases
Mueang Mai +17
Hang Dong Hospital +3
Isistech Co cluster in Moo 4 Ontai, San Kamphaeng +3
Mae Jo Bazaar +2
VL Academy +2
Wachiralai School foot team +2
contact with family member +12
contact with previously infected person +84

The anti-alcohol lobby within this government of the inadequate seem relentless in their pursuit of prohibition within the shores of the Land of Smiles.

Like the famed King Canute himself, they seem intent on fighting the great tide of this evil. They ignore the taxation of the product and their need for the proceeds, they ignore the thousands of jobs in the industry that they will be unable to replace, they ignore the role the evil brew pays in encouraging the tourism their country needs. 

They dream of a Shagri-La of sobriety, whilst being unable to grasp the consequences of prohibition, the black market, the crime, the Mafia.

Massive exaggeration of course, but even the tip-toing towards restriction, their current approach, will result in some of the consequences mentioned above.

Also, Canute sat on that beach to disprove those who considered he had control of the tide.

Did that Old Potato Face once receive a hefty punch from a drunken taxi driver after he insisted that the meter be turned on? One has to ponder the source of such ingrained prejudices, after all.

Oh! I do still miss an occasional late night of sippery besides one of those caravan bars.

Edited by alphonse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If anyone was in any doubt about the agenda of this puritanical regime against alcohol.

There it is, in black and white.

If you have a bar or entertainment business in Thailand, you might want to consider diversifying into other sectors.

Wait. The revolution is coming.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

On the contrary he said it was scary that some staff in places that had opened illegally were not vaccinated. 

I'm surprised of the journalism here or lack thereof, as it would have been an opening there and then, Mr Anutin, do you think that the staff in those establishments were not vaccinated because your government failed to secure vaccines in a timely fashion, and wouldn't it be prudent to make sure that staff in those establishments be vaccinated before opening, that way patrons visiting such establishments could be deemed safe for those vaccinated visiting such establishments.

Nothing short of total fear mongering and utter control which is being lost, worldwide if you look outside of Thailand. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Instead he praised his leader Prayuth Chan-ocha for doing everything right and providing wonderful vaccine for the people.

Typical authoritarian comment. If you want to keep entertainment establishment shut for years, bring all those girls working in those establishment under social safety net. Borrow money and increase tax and cut government expenses whatever it requires to bring the girls under social safety net and recognize their contribution to Thailand's brothel/prostitute bride/orgy culture that you call bars and entertainment centers. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

Just proves the law is an ass, as with the money blind constabulory aiding & abetting many bar owners have taken it upon themselves to rock & roll anyway.

Good or bad I reserve judgement but still against the law & Anutin (hate to say it ) might be proved right.

Only 4 nights ago 5 bars in Soi 7 closed due to serving alcohol,? No, the staff had Covid & 4 of them not jabbed

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The only reason I paid 3x more was to interact with prostitutes.

Without them, I prefer to drink home alone.

Shhhh....you giving the tell tale secrets away - as it's more common than not. 

The usual stereotypes need not apply.

All they got to do is look in the mirror!  Six months back even before and currently illegal migrants were being brought in who escape India and China most likely infected brought into Thailand to work.

The spread came right out of their own local markets all surrounding Bangkok, wouldn't be surprise they were working in bars etc.. including the one all the Hi-SO, VIPs, diplomats that attended. Maybe he is upset he wasn't invited and that no one likes him!  The guy looks like he is miserable if he reads this give me a call I can help!????

6 hours ago, Trujillo said:

Okay, so what is your plan? 

Why doesn't a reporter ask him this? 

That would be a really good question. But will there be an answer that correctly reflects the complexity of the current situation? I would have strong doubts if you look at his communicative statements from the past.

4 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

That is unfortunately the case. Nobody from the elite circle asks: Are we doing the right things (What are we doing?)? And when we decided to do one thing: Are we doing things right (How do we do this?)? For us foreigners with a critical education (the mental struggle and open discussion for the best solution) this is sometimes incomprehensible to look at. Unfortunately, that's the way it is. There are many Thais who see deficits, but their cultural background, education and submission to higher ups forbids them to openly question them. Unfortunately.

For awhile anyway. That is what the goons are counting on. However, the people are getting restless and hungry. The armies days are numbered. And if not, Thailand will become the next Burkina Faso. The destruction is nearly complete. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

For awhile anyway. That is what the goons are counting on. However, the people are getting restless and hungry. The armies days are numbered. And if not, Thailand will become the next Burkina Faso. The destruction is nearly complete. 

The normal population ignores that. The Thais have always been world champions at the village level to ignore the nonsense from Bangkok. A new "Suthep" is needed to question the rulers. In the last election there was a young politician who tried to advance Thailand's future. He was sawed off by the establishment according to all the rules of the art ... I don't see much future for a progressive, new Thailand. Unfortunately. All teeth of the former young tiger were pulled. 7 years since the military coup and only moving backwards. New constitution with a guarantee of power. The rulers are quite unabashedly securing access to the state funds and no one asks for transparency where the funds have gone. And if someone asks for it, he is gone in no time. The purchase of submarines, ATKs, vaccines, luxury watches, telephones, road construction, high-speed railway lines, Huahin park figures, buses, street lamps are just a few examples. As a taxpayer, I've stopped being angry and am making my own exit plans.

• Like 2