Suicide in Thailand

Begs

Pattaya has quite a few farang suicides, but it is to be expected.

A fair few Farangs living in Pattaya have left behind a trail of debt in their own countries, they left wives and children, family and friends jobs etc, all in search of a dream.

Then they realise after a few months that their 1 million baht is not so much money after all, they quickly turn to drink........... they withdraw from society, ........In the latter stages of their miserable lonely lives,they spend all day drinking and typing to ThaiVisa Forum complaining about how bad Thailand is...............................inevitably Suicide shortly follows

...............................inevitably Suicide shortly follows

I am not sure how you are going to say goodbye cruel world but on no account try crucifixion as there is no way you can get the last nail in.

Good luck and goodbye.

...............................inevitably Suicide shortly follows

I am not sure how you are going to say goodbye cruel world but on no account try crucifixion as there is no way you can get the last nail in.

Good luck and goodbye.

Goodbye

well just keep drinking to access and you might.

People are always talking about liver disease killing alkies,,but liver functions is a long way down the list,,More alkies die from suicide than all other forms of disease put together.

Alcohol is a severe form of mental depressant,and when you are so depressed for so long a time,thoughts of suicide are a constant, and all real alcoholic foster such thoughts all the time.So it is very easy to act on this. :o

There may be a point in there somewhere. The group of expats that calls Pattaya home includes some of the saddest losers I've ever run into on the planet. If I woke up in one of their bodies, I'd certainly be the next suicide headline in the Pattaya Mail.

Is this a new form of bungy jumping I have not come across before?

No, but is is much less messy than your suggestions earlier.

To the OP: I think begs is telling us that he does not live in Pattaya and is putting up another post to balance out the many 'does my bg love me or are they all scheming cheats' type threads?

It does attract the same kind of comments, begs! Try something more real.

There may be a point in there somewhere. The group of expats that calls Pattaya home includes some of the saddest losers I've ever run into on the planet. If I woke up in one of their bodies, I'd certainly be the next suicide headline in the Pattaya Mail.

not all pattaya expats surely :o

i've met some dodgy sad characters in bangkok, hua hin, in fact all over.

There may be a point in there somewhere.  The group of expats that calls Pattaya home includes some of the saddest losers I've ever run into on the planet.  If I woke up in one of their bodies, I'd certainly be the next suicide headline in the Pattaya Mail.

What do you mean? If you woke up in one of their bodies.

Like, are you a bum burglar with a bad memory?

Does this happen to you often???

The balcony death-plunge is always a crowd-pleaser but the practice has become so popular in recent years that only the most bizarre cases make the headlines. Last week, the Bangkok Post reported how one unlucky farang succeeded only in breaking his arm. In hospital, he was carelessly allocated a bed on a high floor. Needless to say, his second jump was more successful.

See Thai balcony death-plunge for Suicide Sid?

I too have seen the pond life in Thailand and other parts of the worl' I've been to. Alcoholism is a very serious and painful condition, and anyone driven to such despair that they take their own life to me, reguardless of their background or previous mistakes, is a fellow human-being in distress and needs help and compassion. Life can throw any one of us off its path, even the strongest. I personally have witnessed the aftermath of a suicide in a family unit and the grief is devastating. I think posting jokes on the subject is in bad taste. :o

Life can throw any one of us off its path, even the strongest. I personally have witnessed the aftermath of a suicide in a family unit and the grief is devastating. I think posting jokes on the subject is in bad taste. :o

You're very right.

This is not a funny matter.

And I am also guilty of posting some "jokes" on the subject.

I guess our way of exorcising it.

Only happen to others.

Does it,...?

I know a place called castlederg, davy crocketts parents hometown I believe, you will beg someone to put you out of your misery if you live there, that is if you dont commit suicide first.. Known as the ###### of Ireland, it should be WIPED clean of the face of the earth.

Almost all (if not all) of the posts relate to expat suicides in Thailand.

Whatever the stats are for expats, Thais (I know that there are more of them in Thailand) the stats for Thais are much higher.

A few years back (probably 1997 after the crash) the Bangkok Post carried an article relating to the extremely high suicide rates for Thais.

I cannot remember the exact figure but for Bangkok alone it was either 2 per day (possibly 2 per hour)

Whilst an alcoholic is often on a "downer" (in terms of depression etc) it is a well known "fact" (Ok some might debate the use of the word fact) that Thais have a very low tolerance when the chips are down.

And I would not think that Thailand has accurate figures as to the frequency of suicide in any event.

How many victims of road traffic accidents are indeed suicide.

:o

that Thais have a very low tolerance .....

Not only the Thai....Japanese, Koreans, Chinese....

many Asians are acting aggressive, fanatic, convinced, and if the life goes wrong, something is not working out as they expected it, then they are not even willing to try, not even thinking about how to change their life, except to leave this world by suicide.

Here in Japan, suicide is considered as a special act of honour and very much respected. I know a Japanese man near our home, who was out of job 5 years earlier as expected, no way to be promoted in a leading position, which was his dream about the company he was working....56 years old, healthy, widower, financial secure for the rest of his life... but he committed suicide. I am really sorry for him.

If I were in his situation, I would happily sell everything here in Japan, and move straight into Thailand the same day....for retirement....

In this sense, Asian people are very different from Europeans....

About Europeans in Thailand, I do not really see a reason, why to leave this nice place in that way....I think, either such people have painful illness like cancer without any hope to become healthy again, or it is more an accident, and not suicide....happily fully drunken, 14F, and he was thinking, he can fly.....I read something like that some months ago in the Pattayamail....

Hi Yohan, nice to see you again. Interesting about suicide in Japan, how it is considered honourable. In other cultures, as I'm sure you are aware, it is considered very sinful. Amongst Aboriginals in Australia it is a very grave sin and

I believe in Thailand as well a person is expected to have a very horrible 'next life'.

In America it is a neutral subject, some shame, some pity, some sadness.

Usually a healthy mind can not understand why people take their lives

So anybody who has reached a point, where they take their own lives, would be the only person who knew how he was feeling about living.

Then the only people who would genuinely be able to tell you what was going through their minds at that time, are the ones who attempted suicide but failed. Because the rest would be dead.

When looking at it in a general sense, (depressed or suffering) is suicide death with dignity, to have the courage to take ones own life?

Or do many cling on to their terrible lives, because they are too weak and afraid to end it?

Whatever you're views are, I think suicide is a tradgic subject.

So it is in china. You know how the chinese go on and on about fillial piety? Well suicide is supposedly the worst of crimes against fillial piety cause you're destroying which your parents gave you.

Anyways there is this creepy story about women who have lots of grievance need only commit suicide by wearing a red dress and they will return as a fierce spirit for revenge. :o

Anybody else heard about this?

What about the attempted suicides you know the ones that don't actually do it?

I understand it's a cry for help, if that's the case why don't they just shout, help?

What about the attempted suicides you know the ones that don't actually do it?

I understand it's a cry for help, if that's the case why don't they just shout, help?

I think you might be confusing "Staged" suicide for attention, with "Attempted" suicide, where they really "Attempted" to end their life.