PM urges everyone to get COVID-19 jabs

webfact

347f9d07c2f8176a8814a33a9cc967a2_small.jpg

By Tanakorn Sangiam

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Thai government is now pursuing its goal to give out 100 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine by the end of this year. The Prime Minister is encouraging unvaccinated people to get their jabs so that normalcy can return.

Thai health authorities will launch a new vaccination campaign to speed up the inoculation drive. This campaign will last until 5 December. The Department of Disease Control expects the country to achieve the 100 million dose target as scheduled.

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered provincial public health offices to proactively offer the jabs to villagers, saying a high vaccination coverage can help accelerate economic recovery, as well as the recovery of the tourism sector.

The Ministry of Public Health said Thailand has an adequate supply of the COVID-19 vaccine, and that the brands Thailand uses have been endorsed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.

Thailand has also been actively adopting the mix-and-match approach at a broad scale, which has received positive feedback. These mixed regimens are highly effective in preventing severe COVID-19 symptoms and deaths.

The Prime Minister has also encouraged the general public who will be casting their ballots for the election of subdistrict administrative organizations this Sunday to continue practicing social distancing and other health measures, especially mask-wearing.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

nnt.jpg
  • Like 1

I have had my first shot now but I got a bit irritated walking past beauty salons and department stores that have been proclaiming for months all their staff were full vaccinated.

It was clear what/who the priorities were. I won't forget this.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Perhaps  if his junta supplied  vaccines easily  people would find it easier

They are doing just this, In my area they are giving the vaccines in 5 different locations instead of 1 location. Making it better for people and a reduced waiting time. Hell, I'm going to get mined today as a walk in all you need is your passport and a smile and you get the AZ first and a month latter you get another AZ  no Chinese vaccines thanks.

Edited by vandeventer
  • Like 2

I realize this has been discussed, but what is the latest information on Farang's getting Moderna, Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccines in Thailand? Where? I have had 2 Pfizer jabs in the USA 6 months ago and would like to get a booster in Thailand now. I am in Bangkok.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai health authorities will launch a new vaccination campaign to speed up the inoculation drive

They should give people autographed photos of Uncle PM as a vaccination enticement…..no one could possibly resist such a rare and tempting offer.

5 hours ago, mokwit said:

I have had my first shot now but I got a bit irritated walking past beauty salons and department stores that have been proclaiming for months all their staff were full vaccinated.

What province do u live in that u found it  so difficult to get a vaccine? 

• Like 1

I hope that there are going to be very few people not vaccinated when the process is all over.

I guess with the new variant just showing up and the pandemic continuing to make lots of

people sick, and still some dying, that there may be less hold outs than some other countries

that are having some sort of freedom protests. The freedom of not dying from COVID should be 

enough for people to get vaccinated. My opinion of course.

2 hours ago, wasabi said:

I realize this has been discussed, but what is the latest information on Farang's getting Moderna, Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccines in Thailand? Where? I have had 2 Pfizer jabs in the USA 6 months ago and would like to get a booster in Thailand now. I am in Bangkok.

Which booster do you want?

If Moderna is an option you can buy that. Check with MedPark or Bumrungrad.

Maybe drop an email to MedPark as they did dispense a lot of Pfizer, and the regime has ordered ~ 30 mm Pfizer doses.

What is your visa status? This matters.

While the regime is doling out boosters, those are going to folks who got sino-stuff.

AFAIK, no real push for boosters for those with AZ 2X or Pfizer 2X yet.

I'm not sure they'll give you a booster today. But you could try a walk-in at Bang Sue RR station, Fashion Island or Asiatique?

snip1.jpg

snip 2.jpg

33 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Maybe drop an email to MedPark as they did dispense a lot of Pfizer, and the regime has ordered ~ 30 mm Pfizer doses.

While the regime is doling out boosters, those are going to folks who got sino-stuff.

I'm not sure they'll give you a booster today. But you could try a walk-in at Bang Sue RR station, Fashion Island or Asiatique?

snip1.jpg

snip 2.jpg

I have already had 2 shots of Pfizer. As of December 8th it'll be 6 months ago. From what I've gathered Bumrungrad is probably my best option.

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

snip1.jpg

snip 2.jpg

Why does visa status matter ?I thought they gave to anybody no matter what visa type you had. 

14 hours ago, mokwit said:

In general Thais got the Sinovac months back.

I and many here were urge you to stop running your mouth spend the time in getting more vaccine particularly the Pfizer and Moderna which people had to pay up front. There is 2.5 Moderna doses somewhere by the time it gets to the people it might expire?  Stop running your mouth and get off your A--!