LGBTQ+ groups and supporters rally in Bangkok to demand equal rights

webfact

Thai-PBS-World-logo-3-2.jpg

Thailand’s feminist, LGBTQ+ and pro-democracy groups held exhibitions at Ratchaprasong intersection in Bangkok (Sunday), in support of their joint campaign seeking equal rights for all genders.

Those attending the event were invited to sign up in support for their attempt to amend Section 1448 of the Civil and Commercial Code regarding marriage, which states that a marriage is between a man and a woman who are at least 17 years old.

The groups, in particular LGBTQ+, are demanding legalisation for and recognition of same-sex marriage, after the Constitutional Court ruled that stating that marriage is between a man and a woman is not unconstitutional. The court also suggested, however, that relevant agencies amend the law to provide equal marriage rights for all genders.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/lgbtq-groups-and-supporters-rally-in-bangkok-to-demand-equal-rights/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

I remember years ago in the UK women burned their bras demanded equal rights to the menfolk.. 

they got their wish granted..

their retirement age was lifted from 60 to 65 in line with men [back then].

sometimes you have to think something through before demanding it.

Yes and no.

Marriage is not required.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

LGBTQ+... I had to look it up because my imagination stumbled already on Q.

It seems the whole group would actually include so many letters that the alphabet is running out faster than with Covid variants.

And I really wander if the Ls like the Gs and are also happy with the Bs, Ts, Qs and whatever else.

Do they all tolerate each other? Or only as long as they fight against the common enemy, all those heteroses. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

That's cute and really another issue but back to this one you can marry opposite sex here but not same sex. Not equal. Also same sex marriages from abroad involving Thais and or non Thais are not recognized in Thailand.

In an earlier post you are referring tot he high court ruling against same sex marriage: the decision was not made against,  but in accordance with the Constitution.

Amending, or better, as suggested by some groups, creating a new bill will be a difficult path but it is not utopian.

I might add that although not officially recognised, it is "accepted" as I have had a few experiences and I was able to exercise my "right" to get official documentation. 

Mind you, I will keep you posted later on as we are supposed to go to the bank this afternoon to try to open a joint bank account. This was declined a few months ago as a relationship must be established in order to do so : )

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, alyx said:

In an earlier post you are referring tot he high court ruling against same sex marriage: the decision was not made against,  but in accordance with the Constitution.

Amending, or better, as suggested by some groups, creating a new bill will be a difficult path but it is not utopian.

I might add that although not officially recognised, it is "accepted" as I have had a few experiences and I was able to exercise my "right" to get official documentation. 

Mind you, I will keep you posted later on as we are supposed to go to the bank this afternoon to try to open a joint bank account. This was declined a few months ago as a relationship must be established in order to do so : )

Good luck.

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I remember years ago in the UK women burned their bras demanded equal rights to the menfolk.. 

they got their wish granted..

their retirement age was lifted from 60 to 65 in line with men [back then].

sometimes you have to think something through before demanding it.

I've been trying to convince many girls here to burn their bras. No luck so far. Most of them said it's the only way to keep the padding in place ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Must be very painful for you.

Not really, I ignore them most of the time.

My point is supposed to be that if they want to be equal then I think it would help them to be less aggressive. They win few hearts and minds by demanding aggressively what they want. 

23 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Not really, I ignore them most of the time.

My point is supposed to be that if they want to be equal then I think it would help them to be less aggressive. They win few hearts and minds by demanding aggressively what they want. 

You find "them" too uppity?

I gave up a long time ago, when they ???? started changing the meaning of pronouns.  How do you even use 'them' or 'they' in a conversation without shaking your head.

Imagine being a sports commentator:

#35 they just passed the ball to #3, and them went for the lay up, but passed to #10, and they shot and was block by them.....W T F

Riddle me this from a Gsearch:

Untitled.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

Just a reminder to those posting here of a pertinent forum rule:

You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

8 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Trans activists have had a very damaging impact on women's rights, girls rights and indeed on the rights of lesbians and guys. Far from being being victims trans activists are acting as reactionary bullies.

I fully agree with you, they are men with cosmetic surgery (all the surgery is purely cosmetic because they cannot change their XY chromosomes to XX nor can they bear children), often with no surgery at all (still have their male tackle), demanding to use women's toilets and women's refuge's, dressing like women, trying to imitate women but  acting like men bullying and dominating women because women state that there is a biological difference unfortunately they seem to have an unreal amount of influence in the UK and USA.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, RobU said:

I fully agree with you, they are men with cosmetic surgery (all the surgery is purely cosmetic because they cannot change their XY chromosomes to XX nor can they bear children), often with no surgery at all (still have their male tackle), demanding to use women's toilets and women's refuge's, dressing like women, trying to imitate women but  acting like men bullying and dominating women because women state that there is a biological difference unfortunately they seem to have an unreal amount of influence in the UK and USA.

If they're so powerful why are they murdered so often?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiewareham/2021/11/11/375-transgender-people-murdered-in-2021-deadliest-year-since-records-began/?sh=4ba33219321c

Edited by Jingthing