Thai Pass requrements ???

Please can someone clarify.

I'm so confused and need some help, please.

Do I need valid Visa in the application process for Thai Pass?Do I need to have a paid airplane ticket or just a reservation?Does the hotel accommodation have to be paid or reservation only ? I have Janssenbiotech vaccine and I know that insurance is required. Anything else that I missing?

12 minutes ago, stigar said:
18 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

It says RT PCR test now what's the difference between that and PCR?

RT-PCR means in ur nose and throth..not a fast test..RT ,means real time

Not quite....  

RT means Reverse Transcription....   it has nothing to do with real time !!!... 

For the purposes of Covid-19 tests all PCR tests are actually RT PCR Tests.

More info here..  Viruses do not contain DNA, they contain only RNA - A PCR test amplifies DNA, as Covid-19 does not contain DNA, only RNA. RNA is reverse transcribed into 'copy DNA' (cDNA) for analysis by the PCR method. 

https://www.enzolifesciences.com/science-center/technotes/2017/march/what-are-the-differences-between-pcr-rt-pcr-qpcr-and-rt-qpcr?/

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

It says RT PCR test now what's the difference between that and PCR?

When dealing with Covid-19 tests, there is no difference. 

When a document or list of entry requirements states PCR test, they mean RT-PCR test but those writing up the list of requirements did not know there is a difference or that people will pick up on the specific differences. 

When a Covid-19 certificate states PCR test, it means the test was actually an RT-PCR test (but they omitted to spell out the RT part on the certificate). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darkobeli said:

Do I need valid Visa in the application process for Thai Pass?

No...  the Visa application process and Thailand Pass application process are two separate process. 

When applying for a Thailand Pass at https://tp.consular.go.th there is no requirement to upload any visa information. 

Do I need to have a paid airplane ticket or just a reservation?

You do not need to submit a flight ticket for the Thailand Pass application, but you do need to know your travel / arrival date and arriving flight number. 

Does the hotel accommodation have to be paid or reservation only ?

AQ / SHA++ certified accommodation needs to be Pre-Paid and include RT-PCR tests and Transport from Airport to hotel. 

I have Janssenbiotech vaccine and I know that insurance is required. Anything else that I missing?

Thats it.... But.... your hotel may require your flight details as they need to arrange transport. 

Also Note: Regulation changes:

From 16 Dec - arrivals do not need to take an RT-PCR test and stay over night at a AQ / SHA++ hotel. 

Lateral Flow tests (Antigen Tests) will replace RT-PCR test, the results of which are instant (within 5 mins). 

ATK (Antigent Test Kits) are administered by the Hotels - thus the AQ / SHA++ hotel still requires a booking for the test and transport (but not an over-night stay).

Of course, IF the ATK is positive - I’m assuming the hotel arranges transfer to a nearby hospital (I suspect this is where some level of control / containment is placed at the responsibility of the hotel).

Rule Changes: 

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/11/thailand-eases-entry-rules-from-16-december-2021/

Additionally: Watch out for further rule changes as the Omicron variant sends the frighteners up the trouser legs of those in decision making power. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No...  the Visa application process and Thailand Pass application process are two separate process. 

When applying for a Thailand Pass at https://tp.consular.go.th there is no requirement to upload any visa information. 

You do not need to submit a flight ticket for the Thailand Pass application, but you do need to know your travel / arrival date and arriving flight number. 

AQ / SHA++ certified accommodation needs to be Pre-Paid and include RT-PCR tests and Transport from Airport to hotel. 

Thats it.... But.... your hotel may require your flight details as they need to arrange transport. 

Also Note: Regulation changes:

From 16 Dec - arrivals do not need to take an RT-PCR test and stay over night at a AQ / SHA++ hotel. 

Lateral Flow tests (Antigen Tests) will replace RT-PCR test, the results of which are instant (within 5 mins). 

ATK (Antigent Test Kits) are administered by the Hotels - thus the AQ / SHA++ hotel still requires a booking for the test and transport (but not an over-night stay).

Of course, IF the ATK is positive - I’m assuming the hotel arranges transfer to a nearby hospital (I suspect this is where some level of control / containment is placed at the responsibility of the hotel).

Rule Changes: 

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/11/thailand-eases-entry-rules-from-16-december-2021/

Additionally: Watch out for further rule changes as the Omicron variant sends the frighteners up the trouser legs of those in decision making power. 

Thank you very much for your response.

It's much clear now