Despite vax drive Hua Hin has had just THREE foreign tourists a day since reopening

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Manager reported that despite all the vaccination drives that were hailed as a precursor for the reopening just 85 foreign tourists arrived in November. 

The place is largely closed... who in gods name is going there to visit...

unless they enjoy meditation?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

but TAT said their were thousands of foreign tourists expected ........

what happened TAT      ?? 

What happened is the constant changing in entry rules, and very difficult to get a tourist visa from the embassies, especially the EVISA,  why this is I would love to know. Then there is the Thai Pass .  But you need your visa first.  An example, the Paris Thai embassy that has a warning on their website that e visas for December and January , 2 months !!!, have long delays and NOT guaranteed !!!!!  Confirmed by various visa agents . 

• Like 2

I find that hard to believe, 3 a day, as the GF, myself and the daughter were just in Hua Hin for a week, that's 2 foreigners since the daughter is half Thai, and unless because we live in Thailand we are not considered as being foreign tourists.  To add to that the Centara Grand where we stayed was filled with foreigners from Thursday thru Monday, I would estimate maybe 30 or more as The breakfast location was about half and half between foreigners and Thais.  Someone's not reporting the numbers or they are   woe is me game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I find that hard to believe, 3 a day, as the GF, myself and the daughter were just in Hua Hin for a week, that's 2 foreigners since the daughter is half Thai, and unless because we live in Thailand we are not considered as being foreign tourists.  To add to that the Centara Grand where we stayed was filled with foreigners from Thursday thru Monday, I would estimate maybe 30 or more as The breakfast location was about half and half between foreigners and Thais.  Someone's not reporting the numbers or they are   woe is me game.

The way I read it, the OP talks about 3/day arrivals from abroad, either sandbox or test&go.

What you saw are foreigners who, whether tourists or long-term like you, are visiting Hua Hin from other places in Thailand and hence are not counted as intl arrivals.

On 12/1/2021 at 3:46 PM, hotchilli said:

The place is largely closed... who in gods name is going there to visit...

unless they enjoy meditation?

Been there a few times lately, at 9 pm it's a ghost town......

• Like 1

20 hours ago, berrec said:

Been there a few times lately, at 9 pm it's a ghost town......

It only depends on what you want and need. It seems you need the "night-life". Others don't and like the life in Hua Hin, especially when the smoke starts in the N and NE.

• Like 1

Hua Hin may have some tourists that have arrived for the rest of Winter, but my friends who have just

arrived, tell me that many places are closed, and some areas are closed for good.

Many businesses will be gone for good if they are forced to close again.  

One friend who is at Sport Villa Hotel/ Apartment says that it is not very full as well and

the staff were so happy to see him.  He is staying until April so is happy that he got there in one piece.

He spent 10 hours at a hotel in Bangkok and got some sleep, so when he arrived in Hua Hin, he was

able to function okay while he got his apartment room in order, and his motorbike out of storage.

He will not go to Thailand again, if the rules are still in place next Winter, as he said all the extra

stress just is not worth the extra money he had to pay. He was extremely happy that his PCR test was negative.

So I know that there are at least 3 Canadians who do not have to freeze their butts off this Winter.

Lucky buggers.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Despite vax drive Hua Hin has had just THREE foreign tourists a day since reopening.

Yet most hotels I have search for during December-January are still asking top $ to stay, go figure.

maybe thais think some farang is a sucker?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Despite vax drive Hua Hin has had just THREE foreign tourists a day since reopening.

Yet most hotels I have search for during December-January are still asking top $ to stay, go figure.

I noticed that myself when I was looking to book for over New Years.  Insanity as the prices seem to have gone up 25% from when I booked my last trip to Hua Hin that we returned from.  I had booked that back in August.

• Like 1