I am changing my name: impact on title deed

Before doing the name change, think very hard about the possible changes to other official documents that have your original name on them.  Driving license for one, credit cards, school/university records and so much more.  Went through something similar here with my wife and step daughter.  As it turned out, in many places such as schools, prior businesses worked at, driving license and more, their names had been spelled phonetically as opposed to being their legal names as they appeared on their birth certificates.  This could be especially important if there is any chance of doing any international travel where names on the various documents needed must match exactly. 

1 hour ago, Toscano said:

I cannot see the significance of the name change relative to the land registry office . As I understand foreigners are not allowed to own land , so purchase of land would be only in your wife's name .

The OP did not say land. There is every possibility that the title deed is from a condominium unit.

1 hour ago, blackcab said:

The OP did not say land. There is every possibility that the title deed is from a condominium unit.

That is correct. Thanks. I am referring to a condominium but did not think that was relevant

3 hours ago, dlclark97 said:

Before doing the name change, think very hard about the possible changes to other official documents that have your original name on them.  Driving license for one, credit cards, school/university records and so much more.  Went through something similar here with my wife and step daughter.  As it turned out, in many places such as schools, prior businesses worked at, driving license and more, their names had been spelled phonetically as opposed to being their legal names as they appeared on their birth certificates.  This could be especially important if there is any chance of doing any international travel where names on the various documents needed must match exactly. 

Thanks. Yes, it kind of worries me. Even more as I will have to deal with three different countries including Thailand where I own property and bank accounts wit credit cards attached to them

5 hours ago, Toscano said:

I cannot see the significance of the name change relative to the land registry office . As I understand foreigners are not allowed to own land , so purchase of land would be only in your wife's name .

Land Department is in charge of properties including condominium purchases, hence my question