Kamala homeowner told to pay B50,000 to remove water-vending machine blocking the driveway

snoop1130

Edited, as I read the Phuket News full story.

it appears the machine is on someone else's land in front of the land she owns. I suggest she moves the driveway.

Cannot access your property across someone else's land, without an easement or some form of agreement, which, I suggest, would include not installing stuff to prevent access...

Edited by Scott Tracy
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Always charge the farang . Thais would never pay , but a farang may be scared to get problems with police or immigration and PAY .

Their policies of intimidation of foreigners by setting up illogical and needless hurdles pays out like this .

The ' cash cows ' need to be milked .

Because that is what we are , nothing else .

Why do you assume that the owner is a farang? Because that person lives in Germany? But farangs cannot own land and property legally in Thailand. The house possibly is owned by a Thai wife, and I doubt that anybody would order something like that to block their own driveway. 

7 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

when you read the full article it seems pretty obvious that the owner of the land is miffed that she wouldn't share the cost of buying the land and has placed this there on purpose. If I was the homeowner this wouldn't concern me in the least as I would accidently reverse into it many times and just a few more to make sure ????

Actually the full article says that the land owner didn’t install it, a “community agency”" asked if they could install it on the land, the owner said yes, if they pay for the power used. It seems the local moo baan association don’t have an ounce of common sense between them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

Why do you assume that the owner is a farang? Because that person lives in Germany? But farangs cannot own land and property legally in Thailand. The house possibly is owned by a Thai wife, and I doubt that anybody would order something like that to block their own driveway. 

Yes  - there are some VERY important Thai people who live in Germany

• Like 2

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

Where I live my wife owns the houses and the land so for me it is not a problem, unless she divorces me or dies before me.

Same for me, our houses are in my wife's name.

At least Mrs. Bert can sleep safely with the knowledge that Mr. Bert could never afford to finish her off. ????

• Haha 1