Thailand Pass Instant Approval for US Applicant

For sure the QR code helps.

But even with it, it is luck of the draw. I know people frantically trying who submitted QR code and days later still no response and departure date looming. Others get it right away. No discernible reason for the difference.

Many cases where after no response people reapplied (sometimes several times) and re-application - with exact same documents - was successful.

I am not sure that nationality makes any difference as long as your nationality qusalifies for the type of entry scheme you apply for.

• Thanks 2

This is good to know and kudos to the OP.  Yes, ‘My Health’ information, used by many US medical doctors and their medical groups now includes bar code information for COVID vaccinations, including boosters.  In my case, I also had a PCR test done by the Mayo Clinic prior to electives surgery in April 2021 and a QR code was generated for that (negative) test.  Mayo also uses the My Health framework as well, making for a convenient and seamless reporting system which is made available by my local family care doctor. 

I’m from the US and I got my vaccinations from Walmart (kinda like the US version of Big C). I downloaded their app and registered my vaccination info and was given a QR code. I’ll begin applying for the Thai-Pass next week and see how it goes. Any other US citizens use the Walmart app to generate a QR code? Did it work for the Thai-Pass?

Can anybody who has run this same ThaiPass gauntlet and who originated in the US, help me understand where a PCR test can be obtained fast enough to meet the 72-hour requirement?  I’ve heard that many pharmacies and clinics cannot provide test results for several days.  

Secondly, in what exact form does this negative test need to be in order to meet ThaiPass requirements?  Is it a QR code or a scanned document?

• Like 1

I asked about RT-PCR testing when I got my booster shot. The clinic assistant referred me to a diagnostic lab in the downtown of my local city with drive through service and same day turn around. I’ve not used them yet but have confirmed the details from their web site.

I would start with your doctor or local Health department. They will likely know. Generally the closer your jab is to the actual diagnostic lab the quicker the processing

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, night_rider said:

I asked about RT-PCR testing when I got my booster shot. The clinic assistant referred me to a diagnostic lab in the downtown of my local city with drive through service and same day turn around. I’ve not used them yet but have confirmed the details from their web site.

I would start with your doctor or local Health department. They will likely know. Generally the closer your jab is to the actual diagnostic lab the quicker the processing

Thanks for this tip!

night_rider

totally lost on what you managed to do, and how.

I do understand about US not having a QR code, but not able to decipher what or where you managed to get your QR code.

Additionally regarding many, even with QR code, and still not getting immediate approval, there was some info when this website 1st came out. Basically, any computer/computer program can only handle a "certain amount" of concurrent processes. When you run over that limit, depending on how well the program is written, a lot of different things can happen. What they said initially, was that the "overflow" would be send for manual processing. I'm assuming that the input volume is always rather high, and many get pushed over to manual processing. Possibly when there is extremely high volume, this manual re-direction process also fails, then people start to see the I/O error that has been reported.  I have many decades of working in IT.

The website FAQ states they currently can only accept a very limited amount Country of QR codes, mostly EU; it's spelled out in the FAQ. Then again, is completely unknown if this was updated recently, as they don't post ANY info on the updates; other than to say it's better, and everything is fixed.

The FAQ also states that when people re-submit, that any previous application is deleted permanently. However, I've seen many threads recently stating that some have re-submitted, then finally get approval, and then all the past submissions also get approved. Is really difficult to know what is true and what is not.

I am at 10 days+ now. Emailed support, @8 days, no response. Emailed, per website suggestion, local embassy, stating mine is still "under review", they suggested I go to website and look for status "which doesn't really help", and what I had told them I was doing. Possible they are interested to assist, but are overloaded with requests, will give them the benefit of doubt assuming this Also possible they'll only jump in if it a matter of a few days, and traveler is at the point they need to cancel.

Someone posted a FB messenger contact, and they actually replied to me yesterday "early Friday Thai time", requesting more info, sent that immediately, but then nothing... Frustrating!!

Website also states they have support 24X7, but doubt there is many if any working around the clock, understaffed. In past worked for many companies with the same ideas...  It's, yet another holiday weekend, and most likely, little or nothing's going to happen, for most until next week at a minimum.

wondering if they realize, the millions of $$ they're loosing when travelers end up cancelling, and going elsewhere. Is not as if they really need tourist $$, sigh!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fore Man said:

Can anybody who has run this same ThaiPass gauntlet and who originated in the US, help me understand where a PCR test can be obtained fast enough to meet the 72-hour requirement?  I’ve heard that many pharmacies and clinics cannot provide test results for several days.  

Secondly, in what exact form does this negative test need to be in order to meet ThaiPass requirements?  Is it a QR code or a scanned document?

https://www.olivelabs.us/blogs/news/covid-19-traveller-testing-at-olive-labs-the-drive-up-self-test 

no idea, where exactly you're at, if this helps or not. Most US labs are concentrating on just testing, not international travel, and can only "hope" you get results in time, and also not at all familiar with requirements.

I chatted with someone on FB last week that had PCR test setup through CVS, but was not RT-PCR, and again, was told, we "should be able" to get results in the 72 hour window, no guarantee.

I googled something like; ( PCR test international travel near me ), to find this lab. They can do "same day" at a rather high cost, but is at least available. They also are familiar with what exactly the certificate needs to say, unlike other places, that send it out, which they don't know.

Hope that helps!!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fore Man said:

I vaguely remember reading somewhere "please provide in hardcopy" and "in English or Thai language". Nothing about QR for sure. I'm talking about the pre-flight test, which is not really part of the TP process is it?

Maybe you mean the booking of the test to be taken after arrival.

Edited by JackGats

1 hour ago, Fore Man said:

Can anybody who has run this same ThaiPass gauntlet and who originated in the US, help me understand where a PCR test can be obtained fast enough to meet the 72-hour requirement?

You must get the PCR test RESULTS within 72 hours of your first flight. You could take the test 4 days in advance, get the results 3 or 2 days in advance of your flight and be ok - as long as the negative test results document shows the date and time of the results. 

When I returned to Phuket via the Sandbox I took the test (for free at CVS) on Sunday afternoon, received the results on Tuesday noon, and flew on Wednesday night. The swab was 80 hours before my flight but the results were 30 hours before my flight. It was fine. 

• Thanks 1

This is a VERY helpful distinction!  Most if not all of our local labs and affiliated pharmacies take from 2 to as many as 7 days to get back RT-PCR results. 

Thank you kindly for your input. 

This is an attempt to be clearer on my QR code 

1. got the jabs. 3 Pfizer between March and October

2. provided the vaccine card to my physician

3. my physician entered the vaccinations in the healthcare portal used by his hospital network

4. the hospital network uses a web site called My Chart from Epic Systems as do many other hospital networks in my region. Their site says 150mm in the US.

5. this system has a section for both vaccinations and Covid-19 specific vaccinations

6. the Covid-19 section offered a QR code which I used in my Thailand Pass application

Perhaps Thailand Pass is beginning to accept US based QR codes. Perhaps Epic Systems registered for the WHO PKI program. Perhaps it was dumb luck.

some examples
https://www.mychart.com

201BD7FF-E76C-4DF8-B3D5-1BBDD90472E3.jpeg

99668B63-798E-493A-B5BE-8B73D3EEF771.jpeg

C1A9D0C6-CDC3-4A6B-98D3-5BFF184233BD.jpeg

2C14BBCF-65A3-49A4-B283-DA0E58927449.jpeg

• Like 1

Unfortunately for me, although I do have a MyChart account, it only includes visits to CVS. All I see is the results of a rapid COVID test I took in April.

In Maryland where I live, all of my vaccination records are available from a site called MyIRMobile.com. Although I can obtain a Maryland State certificate with all of my COVID-19 vaccines, their system is unable to provide a QR code. My understanding is that they used to be able to provide a QR code via some other system - Smart something I think - but the QR codes were rejected so they no longer provide them.

2 hours ago, night_rider said:

This is an attempt to be clearer on my QR code 

1. got the jabs. 3 Pfizer between March and October

2. provided the vaccine card to my physician

3. my physician entered the vaccinations in the healthcare portal used by his hospital network

4. the hospital network uses a web site called My Chart from Epic Systems as do many other hospital networks in my region. Their site says 150mm in the US.

5. this system has a section for both vaccinations and Covid-19 specific vaccinations

6. the Covid-19 section offered a QR code which I used in my Thailand Pass application

Perhaps Thailand Pass is beginning to accept US based QR codes. Perhaps Epic Systems registered for the WHO PKI program. Perhaps it was dumb luck.

some examples

https://www.mychart.com

201BD7FF-E76C-4DF8-B3D5-1BBDD90472E3.jpeg

99668B63-798E-493A-B5BE-8B73D3EEF771.jpeg

C1A9D0C6-CDC3-4A6B-98D3-5BFF184233BD.jpeg

2C14BBCF-65A3-49A4-B283-DA0E58927449.jpeg

Thanks for the clarity. Is my chart similar to patient site.org? I never heard of my chart. 
My other issue is that I had my first 2 shots at a huge convention center that is now closed for covid shots and my booster at cvs. Did you just send a copy of your CDC card to your Doctors office to input and then get QR code? Im In Massachusetts and we should be getting a way to get a QR code hopefully soon. Our stupid Governor who was completely against a " passport" was just on the news saying he already HAS a QR code on his phone! When I try to find out when everyone else can get one ( lol) there is no specific info yet.  Other people may want to check with there own state as well. I just hope I can get a QR code before I attempt Thailand Pass. My first shot is almost impossible to read shot lot number and date because as you know many millions of CDC cards are all hand written often in very poor handwriting. I just wish a QR code was done right with the first shot. We really screwed up with that ( even for getting into certain venues it would be very helpful. 

I did take my vaccination card into my doctors office. They made a photocopy and a day later it showed up in My Chart. It did show as self reported in my vaccination records.

PatientSite does not appear to be the My Chart package. I would dig around in their web site to see if a Covid-19 specific section exists and offers a QR code. If it is capable, only then would I take steps to provide your doctor your vaccination card to make the update.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

Thanks for the clarity. Is my chart similar to patient site.org? I never heard of my chart. 
My other issue is that I had my first 2 shots at a huge convention center that is now closed for covid shots and my booster at cvs. Did you just send a copy of your CDC card to your Doctors office to input and then get QR code? Im In Massachusetts and we should be getting a way to get a QR code hopefully soon. Our stupid Governor who was completely against a " passport" was just on the news saying he already HAS a QR code on his phone! When I try to find out when everyone else can get one ( lol) there is no specific info yet.  Other people may want to check with there own state as well. I just hope I can get a QR code before I attempt Thailand Pass. My first shot is almost impossible to read shot lot number and date because as you know many millions of CDC cards are all hand written often in very poor handwriting. I just wish a QR code was done right with the first shot. We really screwed up with that ( even for getting into certain venues it would be very helpful. 

When I was searching for a way to obtain a QR code for my son's vaccination record, I ran into the following Forbes article on how no matter what state you live in, there is a way to get a digital version of your vaccination record: 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2021/09/11/digital-proof-of-vaccine-record-usa/

In this article, there is a link to the following website where, for a fee, you can obtain the digital record: https://vaccinecheck.us/

I didn't pursue this option because Thailand Pass accepted photos of the CDC vaccination card for all of my family members. But since you are concerned about the legibility of your CDC card, this might be an option for you.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Trvlr55 said:

night_rider

totally lost on what you managed to do, and how.

I do understand about US not having a QR code, but not able to decipher what or where you managed to get your QR code.

Additionally regarding many, even with QR code, and still not getting immediate approval, there was some info when this website 1st came out. Basically, any computer/computer program can only handle a "certain amount" of concurrent processes. When you run over that limit, depending on how well the program is written, a lot of different things can happen. What they said initially, was that the "overflow" would be send for manual processing. I'm assuming that the input volume is always rather high, and many get pushed over to manual processing. Possibly when there is extremely high volume, this manual re-direction process also fails, then people start to see the I/O error that has been reported.  I have many decades of working in IT.

The website FAQ states they currently can only accept a very limited amount Country of QR codes, mostly EU; it's spelled out in the FAQ. Then again, is completely unknown if this was updated recently, as they don't post ANY info on the updates; other than to say it's better, and everything is fixed.

The FAQ also states that when people re-submit, that any previous application is deleted permanently. However, I've seen many threads recently stating that some have re-submitted, then finally get approval, and then all the past submissions also get approved. Is really difficult to know what is true and what is not.

I am at 10 days+ now. Emailed support, @8 days, no response. Emailed, per website suggestion, local embassy, stating mine is still "under review", they suggested I go to website and look for status "which doesn't really help", and what I had told them I was doing. Possible they are interested to assist, but are overloaded with requests, will give them the benefit of doubt assuming this Also possible they'll only jump in if it a matter of a few days, and traveler is at the point they need to cancel.

Someone posted a FB messenger contact, and they actually replied to me yesterday "early Friday Thai time", requesting more info, sent that immediately, but then nothing... Frustrating!!

Website also states they have support 24X7, but doubt there is many if any working around the clock, understaffed. In past worked for many companies with the same ideas...  It's, yet another holiday weekend, and most likely, little or nothing's going to happen, for most until next week at a minimum.

wondering if they realize, the millions of $$ they're loosing when travelers end up cancelling, and going elsewhere. Is not as if they really need tourist $$, sigh!!

Not surprised. Just one of the reasons why they are only getting a couple of thousand tourists a day? Woe is Thailand with this administration. 

• Like 1

VAMS

I posted this on another thread but check if your state uses VAMS (vams.cdc.gov). Many do. This online appointment system is as kosher as it gets as it's run by none other than the CDC. And it's perfectly free.

The landing page offers access via two portals. One is for recipients who have set up an account and registered a password. The other is a guest portal. You can access your vaccination record via either portal. Once you pull up your record, there is a link to generate a QR code. You have to create a PIN code for anyone to use the QR code.

As for other states with records online, there are apps that can generate a QR code for that web page.

Question: For the MyChart QR code, does it require a PIN code to use?

13 minutes ago, 10years said:

What I was curious about is can someone scan your QR code and view your vaccination history without having to input a PIN code or your password?

Yes for the one done here. But you have to give them the certificate to do it. I assume it is the same in any country.

The personal medical information site, such as My Health, containing your vaccination QR code cannot be accessed by anyone else without satisfying the security protocols that have been put into place by the account holder (the patient).  Once you provide an image of your QR code to Thai Immigration, it can probably be assumed to be no longer secure and available to others who may use it for unofficial or illicit purposes. This is an assumption on my part and if any reader can offer a better explanation, please do.

I got curious about this and did a bit of googling.

The QR code contains coded data in an SHC protocol. I believe SHC stands for Shared Health Card. I’ve included a partial scan of the numeric values being scanned in when the code is scanned. This is from an iOS app called QR Reader.

How your device handles the URL depends on the device. For instance when I scan with my iPhone it recognizes format of the data and prompts me to save it as a vaccination card in Apple Wallet. This includes both the data and the QR code on my phone for others to scan and verify. See below.

what this does not do is access a web site of any kind.  All the data is contained in that QR code along with public keys to confirm the identity of the issuer and hashes to verify the data has not been tampered with.

I used another app SMART Health Card Verifier to view the issuer and verification status. See below. Lots of data on their web site.

Presumptively, IF, the issuer is verified, IF there are the requisite number of vaccinations for your vaccine, IF Thailand acknowledges the issuer as a valid authority… then you’re good to go.

D6FFA830-1F38-47FD-B1DA-03FB22C098B6.jpeg

398E6355-E93A-441A-8F76-021BC4594803.jpeg

35FD39E7-10BF-4537-97A2-E33E792E7186.jpeg