Sale of top Chiang Mai hotel - 50% off is still not enough to attract bidders

webfact

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

And, how would they magically have made Covid disappear? Even if Thailand had been open, other countries have been closed as well. Also, most people do not wish to travel at this time. How does that make goons out of any persons?

And of course there is a way back to what you chose to call "The good old days", whatever that may mean to you. I call it way back to normal life. It will take long time, but we will eventually get there. We do not have to worry to much about unemployment, as Thai people as well as other Asian nationalities adapt well to situations and always finds a way. That problem is just a big one regarding Americans and Europeans.

You have obviously not heard of the "lying flat" movement ????????????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

A buyers market at the moment, with Omicron on the horizon prices will drop further.

The Dhara Dhevi was always a money pit.  They spent far too much money there in the first place.  They should sell off all the buildings and fixtures and fittings and then split the land into salable lumps.  They tried to recreate the 4 Seasons down the road but just threw too much money at it. 

I used to go to the DD for Sunday lunch and it certainly had a great atmosphere for that.  Before it closed you could get some good deals on the accommodation with up to 70% discounts.  That was when you knew their days were numbered

Wow from expanding with 5 billion to selling it for 2.1 billion, quite a change.

Were they already started with the expanding? They broke their neck on and expanding and corona?

Maybe IFEC eyes were just a little too big 

8 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

And, how would they magically have made Covid disappear? Even if Thailand had been open, other countries have been closed as well. Also, most people do not wish to travel at this time. How does that make goons out of any persons?

And of course there is a way back to what you chose to call "The good old days", whatever that may mean to you. I call it way back to normal life. It will take long time, but we will eventually get there. We do not have to worry to much about unemployment, as Thai people as well as other Asian nationalities adapt well to situations and always finds a way. That problem is just a big one regarding Americans and Europeans.

No, wrong. It is not the lockdown which is not working. It is Prayuth and Anutin who are not working. Tighter restrictions on business are the last thing in the world the Thai people need.

What about the road blacks that were promised? 88 of them, if I remember the top cop creep bragging. If anything or anyplace should have been locked down, it should have been all highways and roads leading OUT of Bangkok. DUH! You don't impose all these sadistic restrictions on the common man, and then avoid taking the simplest and most sensible precautions. 

They should have closed the canning plants, they warned the construction workers that the sites would be closing a week in advance, allowing them to travel everywhere around the nation, and contributing dramatically to the 3rd wave. Wow. What a stupid thing that was! 

Lockdowns work, if they are done correctly. A Prayuth/Anutin style lockdown never has worked.

You know what that is called? Dumb, reckless, callous, and failed policy. 

If you can't sell mandarin oriental for messily 60 million bucks, you can't sell anything.

I think UK did really well selling their embassy in Bangkok a few years back for 16 billion.

Congratulations!

22 minutes ago, Pravda said:

If you can't sell mandarin oriental for messily 60 million bucks, you can't sell anything.

I think UK did really well selling their embassy in Bangkok a few years back for 16 billion.

Congratulations!

As a Brit, I found that embarrassing, never mind the money........................ surely we could have kept it...........

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

No, wrong. It is not the lockdown which is not working. It is Prayuth and Anutin who are not working. Tighter restrictions on business are the last thing in the world the Thai people need.

What about the road blacks that were promised? 88 of them, if I remember the top cop creep bragging. If anything or anyplace should have been locked down, it should have been all highways and roads leading OUT of Bangkok. DUH! You don't impose all these sadistic restrictions on the common man, and then avoid taking the simplest and most sensible precautions. 

They should have closed the canning plants, they warned the construction workers that the sites would be closing a week in advance, allowing them to travel everywhere around the nation, and contributing dramatically to the 3rd wave. Wow. What a stupid thing that was! 

Lockdowns work, if they are done correctly. A Prayuth/Anutin style lockdown never has worked.

You know what that is called? Dumb, reckless, callous, and failed policy. 

Just take a look at the stats! Looks like Thailand have been doing quite well. But, now your next step will be that the numbers are all false, because you can´t hide your hate for Thailand.

• Confused 1