Where to do a Prostate MRI Scan in or around Pattaya ?

PETERHOF

3 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Are you not registered with a govt hospital? the costs are far far cheaper and you get just as good a service ,just slower and not as comfortable as private.

Good point.  Queen Sirikit is very good.  But very frustrating having to wait for hours trying to get through everything.  I've found a Thai speaker is a necessity.

• Like 2

I went through this about three years ago.  If there is a suspicion of cancer then a urology consultant that I contacted in the UK advised that for prostate imaging a multiparametric MRI is required ('mpMRI') - this is a lengthy scan that needs a machine with a powerful magnet (e.g. 3T). And of course you need someone with the appropriate experience to interpret the scan.  I was quoted about 40k THB in Bangkok (I think it was Ramathibodi Hospital - but not 100% sure) - this was around 900GBP at the time.  I happened to be heading back to the UK the following month so opted to use a UK private hospital - they charged me 1200GBP including consultation etc.

There is a company that provides 'low cost' MRI's in Thailand - mrithailand.com  but they could not help with mpMRI.

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2021 at 4:22 PM, HauptmannUK said:

I went through this about three years ago.  If there is a suspicion of cancer then a urology consultant that I contacted in the UK advised that for prostate imaging a multiparametric MRI is required ('mpMRI') - this is a lengthy scan that needs a machine with a powerful magnet (e.g. 3T). And of course you need someone with the appropriate experience to interpret the scan.  I was quoted about 40k THB in Bangkok (I think it was Ramathibodi Hospital - but not 100% sure) - this was around 900GBP at the time.  I happened to be heading back to the UK the following month so opted to use a UK private hospital - they charged me 1200GBP including consultation etc.

There is a company that provides 'low cost' MRI's in Thailand - mrithailand.com  but they could not help with mpMRI.

Your advice is absolutely correct, I have also found in Thailand that the resulting diagnosis is often flawed, in fact, I was diagnosed twice with Cancer in Thailand (Prostrate and Liver) and when I went back to the UK they showed me the scans and blood tests....all negative.

So important to have a skilled Consultant without your VISA in mind, sorry, but that's what I thought.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/7/2021 at 11:38 PM, Pdavies99 said:

Your advice is absolutely correct, I have also found in Thailand that the resulting diagnosis is often flawed, in fact, I was diagnosed twice with Cancer in Thailand (Prostrate and Liver) and when I went back to the UK they showed me the scans and blood tests....all negative.

So important to have a skilled Consultant without your VISA in mind, sorry, but that's what I thought.

Good NHS showed you your results....... While in the uk  2 years ago i had a full  but minor Stroke, I had   a couple of Scans which i was never showed the results of,  but was told on my discharge no further treatment was necessary,    .. on arrival back in Thailand i went to   the Hospital doctor  who usually does my annual check ups  he suggested i have  an Ultrasound scan on my Cartoid Arteries which i objected too  seeing as how NHS had done them weeks before, i ended up having the scan which revealed  a 75% blockage which im told  is life threatening as they showed me the blockage which needed an operation  ASAP, When i asked  why NHS had said no further treatment, the Thai doctor suggested Nhs have to save money...

• Sad 1

On 12/10/2021 at 8:19 AM, actonion said:

Good NHS showed you your results....... While in the uk  2 years ago i had a full  but minor Stroke, I had   a couple of Scans which i was never showed the results of,  but was told on my discharge no further treatment was necessary,    .. on arrival back in Thailand i went to   the Hospital doctor  who usually does my annual check ups  he suggested i have  an Ultrasound scan on my Cartoid Arteries which i objected too  seeing as how NHS had done them weeks before, i ended up having the scan which revealed  a 75% blockage which im told  is life threatening as they showed me the blockage which needed an operation  ASAP, When i asked  why NHS had said no further treatment, the Thai doctor suggested Nhs have to save money...

21 years ago in a national health hospital in the UK (THE ROYAL FREE) i used to have regular scans my blockages were more than 75% ,i have been in Thailand now 16 yrs ,still ok ,fingers crossed. 

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I would prefer to believe the NHS over the Thai doctor.

So far Thai doctors have suggested surgery to me for 3 different conditions, or I would die.

I didn't, and I'm still alive 9 years later.

Thai doctors love to make money from operations

I just recommended a hospital to someone but your post reflects my thoughts on what I would get here.....

• Haha 1