Thailand is freezing - literally! Cold snap brings a frost

webfact

Watch out for low flying brass monkeys.????

Brass monkeys were actually the regulators for old steam engines 2 brass balls brazed to short lengths of steel which spun rapidly as the balls raised the spinning slowed. In very cold weather the brazing could break down and the brass balls would fly off.

• Thanks 1

My old wooden house in Loei (45 years ago)  got right nippy in the winter.  The bathroom was under the house so I had to go outside and down the stairs.  I had to set a tub of water outside in the sun with an old bus window cover and bathe right after I got home from work in the late afternoon.  Future MIL made me a comforter stuffed with cotton. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RobU said:

Watch out for low flying brass monkeys.????

Brass monkeys were actually the regulators for old steam engines 2 brass balls brazed to short lengths of steel which spun rapidly as the balls raised the spinning slowed. In very cold weather the brazing could break down and the brass balls would fly off.

I did not know that, thanks for educating me.

I didn't know where Phitsanulok was so I asked my wife, she asked me "Why?", I said "because the news says they have ice on the cars now", she says "Yes the police are bad there", I was confused and after some back and forth questions she thought when I said "ice" that I was talking about ya-ba, 555.

• Haha 1