COVID test for all UK arriving Pax 0400 hrs 07 Dec 2021

Siam Bruce

All international arrivals to the UK will again be required to take pre-departure COVID-19 tests to tackle the spread of the new Omicron variant, the health secretary has announced.

The rule applies to all travellers over the age of 12 visiting the UK or returning from a holiday, regardless of vaccination status, and will come into force from 4am on Tuesday 7 December.

For full announcement

37 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Doesn't have to be PCR, it can also be a lateral flow test, cheaper and quicker.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

Yes, Thank you for the correction., Sahid Javid said a Covid test not PCR test and the above Link clearly states what tests are allowed, sorry about my mis-information, it was not deliberate.

43 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Doesn't have to be PCR, it can also be a lateral flow test, cheaper and quicker.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

I've done plenty of PCR tests but never a LFT, from what my daughter in the UK says the LFT is a do it yourself test done at home my question is how would you present the results at immigration and how would they know it was you who had taken the test ? I'm curious as they dont tend to take much on trust TIA for any replies 

1 minute ago, LoeiI said:

I've done plenty of PCR tests but never a LFT, from what my daughter in the UK says the LFT is a do it yourself test done at home my question is how would you present the results at immigration and how would they know it was you who had taken the test ? I'm curious as they dont tend to take much on trust TIA for any replies 

Sorry forgot to ask where would i get a LFT in Thailand ?