Jump to content

Can anyone recommend a good BKK property agent?


Recommended Posts

Apologies first if this breaks any forum rules. 

 

As per the title, I have a condo in BKK that I'm currently mildly renovating, but all going well it will ready to be inhabited very shortly. Can anyone recommend an agent who can deal with advertising, finding a tenant, sorting the contracts etc who offers a reasonable fee? I'm based in London so I can't really manage everything from here.

 

Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

First I thought I wait if the experts answer. But until now there is no answer so let me try with my comment.

 

It seems one big challenge is that everybody wants a commission. I.e. if someone asks your management in the building with your unit if something is available then they will tell him - (only) if you pay them a commission.

If there is a laundry in the building the laundry lady will be happy to tell people about your unit - and she wants a commission. Add security guards and anybody else who thinks they are entitled to get a commission.

And then you see on the internet often multiple times the same unit offered from different agents with sometimes different room sizes and other misleading information.

I guess it becomes really complicated if all those people want a commission.

One big problem in Thailand seems to be that too many people like to play property agent and like to collect big commissions - without doing much work and not knowing much about what they are doing.

Good luck!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

First I thought I wait if the experts answer. But until now there is no answer so let me try with my comment.

 

It seems one big challenge is that everybody wants a commission. I.e. if someone asks your management in the building with your unit if something is available then they will tell him - (only) if you pay them a commission.

If there is a laundry in the building the laundry lady will be happy to tell people about your unit - and she wants a commission. Add security guards and anybody else who thinks they are entitled to get a commission.

And then you see on the internet often multiple times the same unit offered from different agents with sometimes different room sizes and other misleading information.

I guess it becomes really complicated if all those people want a commission.

One big problem in Thailand seems to be that too many people like to play property agent and like to collect big commissions - without doing much work and not knowing much about what they are doing.

Good luck!

Exactly this.... 

 

We put our property up for Sale and were contacted by loads of agents who were very reluctant to admit they were agents...  then they’d say they had a buyer and wanted 3% or 5% commission... 

 

The agents copied my Facebook Market Place Photos, added their 3 or 5% and re-advertised - a few did the same... then there were those who simply lifted my photos and re-advertised anyway without my permission !!!

 

As you mention, so many people seem to think they can make a lot of money for doing nothing other than posting an advert on FB market place !!!.... 

 

 

The key point with any advertisement: SALE BY SELLER

When someone calls up, first thing to ask, ARE YOU AN AGENT OR A POTENTIAL BUYER ? (when they hesitate, they are lying).

 

Or when making an enquiry: ARE YOU THE OWNER ? (when they hesitate, they are the agent !).

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

then they’d say they had a buyer and wanted 3% or 5% commission

And then there are the agents who add more than 3 or 5% commission. It seems some agents (try) to sell i.e. a 5 million unit for 5.5 million and if someone buys it then they want to collect all the extra money above the original price.

I don't know how common that is and about the legal situation. But it seems it is common enough that even I know about this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You should come to Phuket everybody is an agent they are <deleted> nuisance in the last couple of days I have dealings with one, A friend of mine want to sell her condo and I have the keys and we take care keeping it clean,

The other day an agent calls us and wants to show a buyer around Monday, Sunday she calls back and says she cant make it to show the buyer around could I meet him, not a big problem I only live 5 minutes away, give the buyer my number and I'll meet him at 3 pm.

The guy was alright I spent over an hour showing him around and fill him in with all details.

So whats the agent doing? she wants her commission, I told her we will split the commission she was not happy with that, Up to you, 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try Siam Real Estate they have office in BKK, I think what you should be looking for is a property management company somebody who can take care of everything, Advertising to Cleaning and Maintenance,

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not difficult- select a good agent- FAZWAZ, CBRE, JLL or the alike and have an exclusive agreement with them- let them handle other agents, building manager and you only pay your agent. If they want to split fees etc up to them- you only deal with one and you only have contact with that agent.

 

Obviously some of the bigger agents might not want to do sole agency if the unit is not unique, have high demand etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Exactly this.... 

 

We put our property up for Sale and were contacted by loads of agents who were very reluctant to admit they were agents...  then they’d say they had a buyer and wanted 3% or 5% commission... 

 

The agents copied my Facebook Market Place Photos, added their 3 or 5% and re-advertised - a few did the same... then there were those who simply lifted my photos and re-advertised anyway without my permission !!!

 

As you mention, so many people seem to think they can make a lot of money for doing nothing other than posting an advert on FB market place !!!.... 

 

 

The key point with any advertisement: SALE BY SELLER

When someone calls up, first thing to ask, ARE YOU AN AGENT OR A POTENTIAL BUYER ? (when they hesitate, they are lying).

 

Or when making an enquiry: ARE YOU THE OWNER ? (when they hesitate, they are the agent !).

 

 

He is in the UK, selling it directly himself would be next to impossible unless he had trusted people on the ground and was experienced at this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

Its not difficult- select a good agent- FAZWAZ, CBRE, JLL or the alike

I looked a couple of times at FAZWAZ. The same units are advertised a couple of times with different sizes and different prices - but the same pictures. That seems to be normal on that site.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I looked a couple of times at FAZWAZ. The same units are advertised a couple of times with different sizes and different prices - but the same pictures. That seems to be normal on that site.

I think there website is generally pretty good and i know a couple of their brokers and one of them particularly in Bangkok is a good guy and straight shooter. He told me that the firm was set up by the same guys who set up Thai property portal, so it seems like they are trying to grow the company quickly and flog it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I think there website is generally pretty good and i know a couple of their brokers and one of them particularly in Bangkok is a good guy and straight shooter. He told me that the firm was set up by the same guys who set up Thai property portal, so it seems like they are trying to grow the company quickly and flog it.

Would a good company list the same condominium a couple of times with different sizes and prices? I don't think so.

And this is not about one such "mistake". It is usual for them to have multiple times the same unit with different details.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Would a good company list the same condominium a couple of times with different sizes and prices? I don't think so.

And this is not about one such "mistake". It is usual for them to have multiple times the same unit with different details.

There are literally thousands of condos for sale, many similar units in the same building to.

 

To keep these databases completely up to date you would need literally dozens of data in putters. Even then units get sold, leased out by other companies and other brokers are unaware of it. In a perfect world they would all be up to date, but it is practically impossible to do. I would say condos like Noble or L&H have 100's of units of similar size and dimension available from private owners, developer units all similar and slightly different commercials and details.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the replies

 

My predicament is exactly as mentioned here already - I can't knock the Thai locals for their entrepreneurial spirit, but there seems to be too many "agents" (read: an individual operating on line only), so I was hoping someone who had used a decent company before could recommend them. 

 

8 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Try Siam Real Estate they have office in BKK, I think what you should be looking for is a property management company somebody who can take care of everything, Advertising to Cleaning and Maintenance,

 

 

Perfect - I'll give them a shout. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...