Covid extension in CM. 14 day wait??

I'll be going to extend my Covid visa tomorrow and have been told by a friend that there is a 14 day 'consideration period' being exercised.... I.e. that they tell you to come back in 14 days for a stamp.

Can anyone else verify this?

The friend had a Brazilian passport, not sure if that had anything to do with it? Mine is UK.

A 14 day wait will seriously mess up my plans (and my visa is due to expire tomorrow)

Cheers

You might get both stamps the same day, if you are due to expire that day and there is someone with authority working who can do it.  If not they will give you the consideration stamp and you're legally allowed to stay until the day specified.  If you have plans to leave CM before then you can try showing up early to see if your passport is ready.  I got one of my extensions a few days early by showing up and asking for my passport, it was waiting in a big box full of passports ready for pickup.

2 hours ago, secondtime said:

I got one of my extensions a few days early by showing up and asking for my passport, it was waiting in a big box full of passports ready for pickup.

What are you talking about? They don't keep the passport

3 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Friends of mine have got the 'under consideration' stamp in C M on UK passports. 

First time I've heard of this. So once I have the under consideration stamp I can move around as long as I come back in 14 days? Or am I on overstay?

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

A 14 day wait will seriously mess up my plans (and my visa is due to expire tomorrow)

The under consideration stamp allows you stay in the country until your 60 day covid 19 extension is approved. It will have a report back date on it. 

Immigration does not keep your passport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

First time I've heard of this. So once I have the under consideration stamp I can move around as long as I come back in 14 days? Or am I on overstay?

Yes. You have your pp, you can travel etc just return for final stamp on date indicated.

BTW never leave it till the expiry date of your extension.

You can go earlier and that is best plan.

Edited by DrJack54

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

You are fine although I understand that you need to get the remaining. 45 days in CM. Worth checking that point though 

36 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

You are fine although I understand that you need to get the remaining. 45 days in CM. Worth checking that point though 

Apparently I don't need to be in CM. I can send my passport to a visa service in CM who can get the stamp on my behalf in 14 days time. 

51 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Apparently I don't need to be in CM. I can send my passport to a visa service in CM who can get the stamp on my behalf in 14 days time. 

That may be possible to get a extension stamp done at the end of a under consideration permit.

It is allowed for those getting the it for a extension based upon marriage. My wife has done it for me more times that I done myself.

But you might have to write up permission for a agent to do it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jackdd said:

What are you talking about? They don't keep the passport

I know it’s not standard but they did to me the first time I went for one. Happened in Phuket, and they had a box of passports labelled by sections by dates when I went to pick it up.