Singapore Airlines Heathrow via Singapore to BKK

Hi, has anyone taken the above flight recently please? I'm nervous about checking in and the flight being delayed as I will be cutting it very fine with the timing of this COVID PCR test. Was it a smooth check-in, and did the flight leave on time? If mine is delayed by two hours my test will be null and void, I'll lose my flight and my quarantine hotel.

Thank you

Much easier to find a direct flight. The flight takes 16 h 30 min if no delay, and goes via Singapore.

The shortest flights are morning flights, meaning getting to the airport by 6 am. If you were sure of getting a PCR test the day before flying ( weekends test centers closed ??) you would just make it .Love Singapore air but…..

I think the test is tied to the departure time not the arrival time...

"The applicant is also required to have an RT-PCR test result that is issued within 72 hours before departure and bring the results to present ..."

3 hours ago, Edward Abbott said:

and did the flight leave on time?

You can check the recent history of your upcoming flights.

example: scroll down for the last 14 days

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SIA305

3 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Are you fully vaccinated?  If so, no worries, if not, make sure you're not on a VTL flight.

OP words from another thread.

"Has anyone entered the country recently without being vaccinated? I haven't had the vaccine and have been assured I'll be ok as long as I book ten day's quarantine (which I have)." 

Edit: @Jeffr2

So I checked out what VTL flight meant. Think you have raised important point.

Another current thread chap asking about flying unvaccinated. He is NZ so flights from there often go via Oz and Singapore into BKK.

Something these folk need to check out. However flying from NZ issues can be down to multiple carriers

Edited by DrJack54

No one can really give a definitive answer on that. Lots of things can cause late flight departure.

In saying that, Singapore are pretty good, and with air travel not being as busy as it once was, you should be OK. 

I flew Thai Airways economy to UK and back a couple of weeks ago. Direct flight, mainly empty. Pretty good considering.  Both arrivals, UK and Thailand around 06:15.

Return from UK departed about 30 mins late, but they made up some time in the air.

Edited by phetphet

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

"The applicant is also required to have an RT-PCR test result that is issued within 72 hours before departure and bring the results to present ..."

His original post says Singapore is transit country.

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

All travellers entering or transiting through Singapore, including Singapore citizens and permanent residents, must take either a pre-departure Covid-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test or professionally administered Antigen Rapid Test (ART). The test must be conducted within two days before the scheduled departure date of their flight. Find out more under “Pre-departure Covid-19 test requirements.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/travel-info/transit-through-singapore/

Transit through Singapore 48 hours PCR test.Then will have to satisfy entry requirements for Thailand.

Edited by Hmunker

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Are you fully vaccinated?  If so, no worries, if not, make sure you're not on a VTL flight.

Do they use Harriers for those flights?   LOL

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 1

Regarding RT-PCR test timing. 

Are you taking the Singapore Airlines AM (09:10 hrs) or PM (20:35 hrs) flight ???

I used Randox for the RT-PCR test (and used their pick-up and drop-off option for £35) results are guaranteed before midnight the following day. 

The reality is that I received the results at 7am the following day (for departure to Thailand flight)

I also used Randox for the ‘arriving in the UK’ PCR tests (day 2 test) received the result at 11:45am.

Thus: in my experience Randox return the result before midday the following day with ’normal non-fast track’ 

IF You are really unsure with regards to timing you can also take a ‘Fast Track PCR Test’ at Heathrow (its actually at the Radisson Blu, or there is Randox travel centre near Waterloo station) - and you can get the results within 1-3 hours (£80)

https://ldn.randox.com/covid-19-booking/?loc_id=1

1321372331_Screenshot2021-12-07at04_23_38.thumb.png.94a0ca01e434cdd00fe1dca85bf31fa7.png

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Hmunker said:

The test must be conducted within two days

46 minutes ago, Hmunker said:

Transit through Singapore 48 hours PCR test.Then will have to satisfy entry requirements for Thailand.

Within two days may be different than 48 hours. In some interpretations it could mean less than 71:59.

47 minutes ago, Hmunker said:

must take either a pre-departure Covid-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test or professionally administered Antigen Rapid Test (ART).

So for SIngapore it could be Antigen test. For Thailand it must be a PCR test (I think).

Other than TG are there any direct, non-stop flights LHR-BKK?

ME carriers may allow transit without unique testing requirements?

Good for highlighting the SIN transit requirements. I would have assumed an international transit would not be subject to transit country requirements.

Net-net the OP should probably aim for a PCR test within 2 days of departure, to be safe.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

A good point.

When does eh clock start

1 Time of test

2 Time of result

3 Time at check in 

4 ETD?

or actual departure time

I read various airline and government sites and still unclear.

Do PCR RT lateral flow tests needed for USA UK etc have a time stamp or just a date stamp?

Some Airlines like EL AL have 3 hr check in many others 2 hours

So if a morning flight need a result by 9am the day before ?