Worsening air quality in Bangkok, provinces nearby forecast through next month

Jonathan Fairfield

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivXYmbAXjES4ytmeGN8VdhR4b00UursCojhAY6V.jpeg

People living in Bangkok and its surrounding provinces are advised to brace for an increase in PM2.5 dust in the atmosphere, which is expected to get worse during the cold season through December and January, and to protect themselves by following guidelines issued by health officials.

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), in cooperation with relevant agencies, has taken steps to ease the problem from PM2.5, which is likely to exceed safety levels.

According to Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang, the steps taken or to be taken include a ban on the burning of farm waste or garbage in open spaces, road cleaning, the spraying of trees to remove dust and the launch of a campaign to encourage people to reduce emissions.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/worsening-air-quality-in-bangkok-provinces-nearby-forecast-through-next-month/

Logo-top-.png

Thailand is burning. The burning off of harvested crop plantations is lighting up the agricultural areas. The truth is starkly revealed in the live NASA satellite feeds which track the fires around the world.

Thailand on fire - NASA satellite website tracks the country's farm fires | News by Thaiger

CHART: Fires in the past 10 days around parts of Thailand

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

People living in Bangkok and its surrounding provinces are advised to brace for an increase in PM2.5 dust in the atmosphere, which is expected to get worse during the cold season through December and January, and to protect themselves by following guidelines issued by health officials.

As said officials seem unable to do anything about the pollution situation year-on-year.

Maybe just maybe one day they'll elect a mayor with "B#lls"

Goes for other provinces too.

81B81dsL1FL._SL1500_.jpg

i've been using a 3m respirator with p100 filters. This is very useful. Works very well. Dual use for covid and smog. I think there is an even better filter for smog.  Everyone stares at me even more than usual, lol.

I always put it on when i walking around Bangkok, especially the main roadways. You can figure that a main road way has 2-3 x the amount of toxins in the air compared to the side streets at least in Banglampu. A major problem is lack of pollution control in the vehicles. Too many scooters too.  It is actually more comfortable than those fabric masks.   The key is the rubber mask seals around your face perfectly. While regular masks are about 10% effective vs 80%. This mask can save your life.

Your skin will absorb a lot of toxins from the air too. Good idea is to cover up as much as possible, hat, arm wear etc. Then scrub your skin down to remove all the build up of chemicals.

I was just in Kathmandu and Baktapur. Unbelievable amount of smog. I was only in Kathmandu for 18 hours, took the taxi to Baktiapur. Blankets of smog everywhere. All my cloths absolutely stank. Even my backpack and things inside. Lucky you don't live there, the whole country is bad. p100 mask proved itself in tough conditions.

btw, situations seem to have improved.

https://aqicn.org/station/ศาลาว่าการกรุงเทพมหานคร-(กอ.รมน.-กรุงเทพฯ)

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/particulates/surface/level/overlay=pm2.5/orthographic=99.65,13.39,3297/loc=100.616,13.701

Edited by Don Chance

15 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

81B81dsL1FL._SL1500_.jpg

i've been using a 3m respirator with p100 filters. This is very useful. Works very well. Dual use for covid and smog. I think there is an even better filter for smog.  Everyone stares at me even more than usual, lol.

I always put it on when i walking around Bangkok, especially the main roadways. You can figure that a main road way has 2-3 x the amount of toxins in the air compared to the side streets at least in Banglampu. A major problem is lack of pollution control in the vehicles. Too many scooters too.  It is actually more comfortable than those fabric masks.   The key is the rubber mask seals around your face perfectly. While regular masks are about 10% effective vs 80%. This mask can save your life.

Your skin will absorb a lot of toxins from the air too. Good idea is to cover up as much as possible, hat, arm wear etc. Then scrub your skin down to remove all the build up of chemicals.

I was just in Kathmandu and Baktapur. Unbelievable amount of smog. I was only in Kathmandu for 18 hours, took the taxi to Baktiapur. Blankets of smog everywhere. All my cloths absolutely stank. Even my backpack and things inside. Lucky you don't live there, the whole country is bad. p100 mask proved itself in tough conditions.

btw, situations seem to have improved.

https://aqicn.org/station/ศาลาว่าการกรุงเทพมหานคร-(กอ.รมน.-กรุงเทพฯ)

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/particulates/surface/level/overlay=pm2.5/orthographic=99.65,13.39,3297/loc=100.616,13.701

Thais probably think your crazy Farang

5 hours ago, malibukid said:

Thais probably think your crazy Farang

Some people think it's cool others think i have covid of course. I actually saw a Thai security guard wearing something similiar today. So it is the future that everyone will be protecting their lungs. Why bother wearing a mask if it barely workers?

Edited by Don Chance