Thailand reports 3,618 new COVID-19 cases, 38 deaths, 5,775 recoveries

webfact

COV8.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Wednesday (December 8th) reported 3,618 new COVID-19 cases, 5,775 recoveries and 38 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

▶︎ Infections outside prisons: 3,578. Prisons: 40

▶︎ Recoveries: 5,775

▶︎ Total infections since April 1: 2,123,521

▶︎ Total recoveries since since April 1: 2,039,723

Wednesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 2,152,384 with 21,035 deaths.

The news comes as close to 20 people have been asked to come in and get tested for COVID-19 in response to the detection of the Omicron variant of the coronavirus in an American traveler who entered Thailand from Spain. In light of rumors about one of the test results being positive, public health authorities have confirmed that all results have so far been negative.

Dr. Chakrarat Pittayawonganon, director of the Division of Epidemiology, Department of Disease Control, explained that the profiling of the Omicron variant patient has yielded 19 individuals who had contact with the patient, albeit all of them being deemed at low risk of having contracted the coronavirus. 2 instances of contact were in Suvarnabhumi Airport while 17 occurred at the SHA+ hotel where the patient was staying to wait for the on-arrival RT-PCR test result..

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update8DEC).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-12-08

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 1

A slight bump upwards, but it is slight.  As I said yesterday it would be nice to know the numbers tested everyday.  I picked up a couple of the saliva antigen tests yesterday at a small medical exhibition they were having in the Q house building near me.  Have not heard much in regards to these, but the daughter in the US uses them and she is a Nurse Practitioner working in a Covid ward.  She tests with them once every 3 days.  Once every 2 weeks they do a PCR test and she believes the saliva tests are just as good at detecting an infection as the nasal swab ATK's. 

My nostrils are getting tired of being jabbed myself and that's why I picked some up.  Wondering if anyone here has used them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

A slight bump upwards, but it is slight.  As I said yesterday it would be nice to know the numbers tested everyday.  I picked up a couple of the saliva antigen tests yesterday at a small medical exhibition they were having in the Q house building near me.  Have not heard much in regards to these, but the daughter in the US uses them and she is a Nurse Practitioner working in a Covid ward.  She tests with them once every 3 days.  Once every 2 weeks they do a PCR test and she believes the saliva tests are just as good at detecting an infection as the nasal swab ATK's. 

My nostrils are getting tired of being jabbed myself and that's why I picked some up.  Wondering if anyone here has used them.

Yes we use them, its the ones we use every two weeks as a requirement from the school my daughter goes to. The first one I did weeks ago we did wrong by not mixing the correct level of solution but after watching the vid on its correct usage I soon corrected that.

This weekend we have to do the nasal ones (this will be the first time using them) as we are all going on a 5 km trail run through the rainforest, they need vaccination certificates and negative tests done there on Sat before the run on Sunday morning at 5.30am!!

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

Happy days, and long may they last, but I have a feeling this might just be the calm before the next Covid storm.  ????

If Thailand does not see a fourth wave of covid they need to bottle whatever they're doing and sell it to the rest of the World.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

If Thailand does not see a fourth wave of covid they need to bottle whatever they're doing and sell it to the rest of the World.

Have a look at Cambodia's covid numbers, what  ever they are doing Seems to of worked wonders. 

• Like 1

Apologies again for late report as I had taken the wife to THG Chumphon for her first Moderna jab. I am not sure if this is accurate as it states Dec 8th and we are missing the previous day but whichever way it is a drop from 95 cases..

Health officials on Wednesday (Dec ???? reported 67 new COVID-19 cases, 30 of which were found in Hua Hin.

Elsewhere in the province, 11 cases were found in Pranburi, zero cases in Sam Roi Yot, zero cases in Kuiburi, 3 cases in Thap Sakae, 14 cases in Bang Saphan, zero cases in Bang Saphan Noi, and 9 cases in Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan. No new deaths were reported today.

Dec 8: Prachuap reports 67 new COVID-19 cases, 30 cases in Hua Hin - Hua Hin Today English Newspaper Info, Reports, Events and News Social Life

Bangkok intensifies efforts to limit spread of COVID-19 Omicron variant

City health officials will be sent to two hotels in Bangkok’s Bang Rak district to collect specimens for testing from staff who were in close contact with the American businessman from Spain, who was identified to be Thailand’s first case of Omicron variant infection, Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang said today (Wednesday).

The move is part of the city administration’s pro-active and precautionary steps aimed at limiting any spread of the Omicron variant, following the initial detection of the easily transmissible variant in the country.

The governor said health officials will advise the managers of the two unnamed hotels to clean their hotels with disinfectants regularly, to instruct their staff to comply strictly with basic safety measures and to screen all the newly arriving guests.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkok-intensifies-efforts-to-limit-spread-of-covid-19-omicron-variant/

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Did'nt you say thats because they stopped reporting them and now just report those that are sent to hospital?

Yep the day after the prime minister told officials to only test people with symptoms the cases dropped by 75 percent. That was around 6 weeks ago I think. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Yep the day after the prime minister told officials to only test people with symptoms the cases dropped by 75 percent. That was around 6 weeks ago I think. 

Wondered about that myself.  

• Like 1

COVID-19: Thailand reports 4,203 new coronavirus cases, 49 deaths, 7,939 recoveries

COVID13.JPG

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Thursday (December 9) reported 4,203 new COVID-19 cases, 7,939 recoveries and 49 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1242446-covid-19-thailand-reports-4203-new-coronavirus-cases-49-deaths-7939-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin