Covid success story: Car care guy goes bust now he's making a million baht a month selling fancy plants

webfact

Gross turnover can not be termed as "making "as the headline suggests . 

If he net 150,000 baht a month from the 1 million baht turnover he could be considered to be doing well .

Lots of money involved with rare plants . 

I bought some rare plant seeds online . Sadly I see no result so far after 2 weeks of planting .

Some time away before I will have the need  of buying a cash counting machine .

When is the best time to plant seeds in Northern Thailand ??

2 hours ago, webfact said:

His onsite and online business is now raking in a million baht a month and he was recently named as the third highest earning trader in this market in the country. 

Someone who had the sense to re-model.

• Like 1

Believe 1/10 of what he's telling and it might be right. Thais always like to brag about business numbers and money.

Also with that extraordinary high price you have to find a buyer for these rare plants first.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Now it's in the open , expect he is going to get

a lot more competition .

regards worgeordie

Quite a few other people will jump onto the trend, then the prices will drop and the later newcomers will go bust and start crying to the government for financial help. IMHO if you start a business and are making money, don't even talk to the TV or the press except to tell them times are hard nowadays just to break even.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, itsari said:

Gross turnover can not be termed as "making "as the headline suggests . 

If he net 150,000 baht a month from the 1 million baht turnover he could be considered to be doing well .

Lots of money involved with rare plants . 

I bought some rare plant seeds online . Sadly I see no result so far after 2 weeks of planting .

Some time away before I will have the need  of buying a cash counting machine .

When is the best time to plant seeds in Northern Thailand ??

Whenever she's receptive.

2 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Whenever she's receptive.

You are way off the post on a guy making money selling rare plants .

Your humour is not appreciated .

Hopefully your seeds are not distributed any time soon 

4 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

True. I was just thinking about telling the wife.

Mine has already started apparently, I was wondering why she kept bringing young plants home, she has cornered part of the garden for herself now, all very exotic looking.....the plants, the wife not so much.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, CLW said:

Believe 1/10 of what he's telling and it might be right. Thais always like to brag about business numbers and money.

Also with that extraordinary high price you have to find a buyer for these rare plants first.

My (Thai) niece has been buying this type of plant recently, but only priced at ฿50-100. She seems to envision eventually selling them, and they're a good fit for her existing business, a small building materials company, but I think she has realistic expectations. She'd have a dozen or so plants for sale displayed in front of her shop and probably could expect a profit of a couple thousand baht a month, at best. At least she isn't sinking ridiculous amounts of cash in the project -- yet.

• Like 1