UK State Pension

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this.

I sent my UK State Pension paperwork to..

International Pension Centre

The Pension Service 11

Mail Handling Site A

Wolverhampton

WV98 ILW

UNITED Kingdom

Just been informed via Thailand Post Track and Trace that the address is incorrect and delivery has been unsuccessful.

Now I guess it will be sent back to me at my expense.

This is the address on the paperwork, anyone used this address or are intending on sending there claim paperwork?

This from their website:

If you want to send items by courier, check they can deliver to the postcode - otherwise they may return your post to you at your own cost.

The Pension Service 11
Mail Handling Site A
Wolverhampton
WV98 1LW
United Kingdom

Did you use a courier?  The address is indeed correct.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, doctormann said:

This from their website:

If you want to send items by courier, check they can deliver to the postcode - otherwise they may return your post to you at your own cost.

The Pension Service 11
Mail Handling Site A
Wolverhampton
WV98 1LW
United Kingdom

I don't know if it was a Courier I just took it to Thailand Post at a cost of approx 1100bht.

Now I guess it's coming back at a likewise cost.

I just noticed that text on the form ref check if Courier can deliver.

Edited by Badrabbit

3 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Has it right about what?

The address was printed from the form so it was 100% correct.

OK, just thought that you might have got 1 and l confused but if you printed directly then this is clearly not the case.

Depending on the font that you use, the two are often indistinguishable - but this is not relevant here.

27 minutes ago, doctormann said:

This from their website:

The Pension Service 11
Mail Handling Site A
Wolverhampton
WV98 1LW
United Kingdom

The Op's address is not correct. He wrote WV98 ILW instead of WV98 1LW'.

If the address is being machine read, it will conclude an incorrect postcode.

8 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

The Op's address is not correct. He wrote WV98 ILW instead of WV98 1LW'.

If the address is being machine read, it will conclude an incorrect postcode.

Yes, from the  uk post code checker  should be 1LW   not  ILW , though the form does say   ILW, 

The Pension Service 11
Mail Handling Site A
WOLVERHAMPTON
WV98 1LW

1 hour ago, howerde said:

Yes, from the  uk post code checker  should be 1LW   not  ILW , though the form does say   ILW, 

The Pension Service 11
Mail Handling Site A
WOLVERHAMPTON
WV98 1LW

The postcode and address shows on royal mail.com so how can they say its an "unsuccessful delivery" 

I did not write the address, I copied it onto my phone and then printed a label.

Edited by Badrabbit

2 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

The postcode and address shows on royal mail.com so how can they say its an "unsuccessful delivery" 

I did not write the address, I copied it onto my phone and then printed a label.

I am sure your application will get to them, this must be known otherwise no applications would get to them, i see you copied the address, i looked and the post code on the form is wrong, there is no WV98 ILW, which is why you will get can not be delivered, phone them to confirm, might take a week or 2 for your application to enter the system

2 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Just been informed via Thailand Post Track and Trace that the address is incorrect and delivery has been unsuccessful.

Did track & trace show that it left Thailand and arrived in the UK? If it got to the UK I can't imagine that it would be rejected on the basis of a simple error in the postcode - unless some 'jobsworth' was having a bad day.

24 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Did track & trace show that it left Thailand and arrived in the UK? If it got to the UK I can't imagine that it would be rejected on the basis of a simple error in the postcode - unless some 'jobsworth' was having a bad day.

Yes it shows "out for physical delivery, there was no error in the postcode, I have a duplicate envelope with the printed address on it same as I sent WV98 1LW 

1 minute ago, Badrabbit said:

Yes it shows "out for physical delivery, there was no error in the postcode, I have a duplicate envelope with the printed address on it same as I sent WV98 1LW 

Hopefully there has been a cock-up in the track & trace system and you got an incorrect message. Keep checking to see whether it goes out for delivery again or gets returned.

Fingers crossed. Must be a worry for you. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

From the Royal Mail website ...

Incorrectly addressed mail

An incomplete or incorrect address can cause problems. Please double check addresses before you send letters or parcels.

If your mail is incorrectly or incompletely addressed, this can cause delays. Your mail might get delivered to the wrong address, or it might need to be sorted by hand instead of by our automated sorting machines.

Try to ensure that whoever sends you post, knows your full address, including the postcode, and writes the address clearly and in the correct place on the letter or parcel.

So, all is not lost. Could be that the mail will go to the "sorted by hand" department where someone with a brain will make sure it gets to the correct address.

57 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

From the Royal Mail website ...

So, all is not lost. Could be that the mail will go to the "sorted by hand" department where someone with a brain will make sure it gets to the correct address.

Thanks mate, I hope that is the case, maybe it will turn up back here in a couple of weeks. 

1 minute ago, Badrabbit said:

Thanks mate, I hope that is the case, maybe it will turn up back here in a couple of weeks. 

At this time of year our boys and girls in the Royal Mail are busy making sure that all the letters addressed to Santa at the North Pole get delivered.

But, seriously, if your application gets into the hands of a human being in the sorting office (not an automatron) I feel confident that it will be delivered successfully.

Please let us know the outcome.

• Like 1