Thailand detects fourth potential Omicron case, first three confirmed

snoop1130

38 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Can you post the death rate graph, and the oxygen use across SA which has gone down dramatically since Omicron, now is the dominant strain. 

Pop yourself along to worldometers for deaths. As you say now its the dominant strain. If your so interested that is.

Edited by Bkk Brian

22 hours ago, billd766 said:

I don't think it is a case of "letting it in", more a case of keeping it out.

On another level it isn't the dirty farangs bringing Omicron in as 3 of the 4 are Thais and the first one was a US/Thai dual nationality person.

Yeah but we’re they clean?

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Correct but, the flue did not cause the world to be locked down, economic mayhem and ruin businesses  that were small but doing ok against the big giants.

Obviously, you didn't look at the Omicron presentation posted here. Omicron is filling up hospitals. 

10 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Oh man,

You are so so so wrong there buddy.  So unbelievably wrong.  100 percent, totally wrong.  

No no no it is not.  You are confusing delta with omicron.  Delta is, most people don't even realize they have omicron.  No oxygen required.  

Ha ha ha, every day it's getting better and better.  Everyone is cautiously optimistic waiting for the full course of the symptoms to present in a large group.  So far this is hardly even considered a cold.  People are feeling better from aches and pains in 3 days.  

You keep uttering that no oxygen is required for any patients with Omicron, please link me to that claim

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, sungod said:

You've not read all reports yet, try this one from the head of an ICU in Soweto’s Baragwanath Hospital

Young people, in their 20s to just over their late 30s, are coming in with moderate to severe disease, some needing intensive care. About 65% are not vaccinated and most of the rest are only half-vaccinated,” said Mathivha. “I’m worried that as the numbers go up, the public health care facilities will become overwhelmed.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

https://news.sky.com/story/omicron-its-like-a-bomb-new-covid-strain-sweeps-through-south-africa-township-but-majority-of-hospital-patients-dont-need-extra-oxygen-12491084

Good read for,perspective:

Two thirds not requiring Oxygen

One guy gives it a severity rating of 4 on a scale of 1-10. 

Well bang goes a claim in another post that there were none needing oxygen, good to see a school administrator rated it 4 on a scale of 1-10 though. Very usefull to know.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Why are hospitalizations increasing? 

Huge rise in numbers . Even a 50% less virulent ( less dangerous ) can be just much worse in the short term . If you get only 2 cases and 1 goes to hospital then theres a 50% chance of going hospital but it is no problem . If you get 1000 cases and 10 need to go hospital , it is only 1% , but creates much bigger problems . Seeing the superfast spread , much faster then Delta , then you can see that the 1000 can create 10.000 in less then 2 weeks -> even safer , more problems in short term . Long term , if you can spread/slow everything down , then off course it is better . The problem is , knowing how infectious Delta is and then seeing the spread rate of Omicron , you can't control it enough to keep the hospitals working.

BTW still speculating a lot , still have to wait confirmation .

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You've not read all reports yet, try this one from the head of an ICU in Soweto’s Baragwanath Hospital

Young people, in their 20s to just over their late 30s, are coming in with moderate to severe disease, some needing intensive care. About 65% are not vaccinated and most of the rest are only half-vaccinated,” said Mathivha. “I’m worried that as the numbers go up, the public health care facilities will become overwhelmed.”

Almost 2 weeks ago Brian,

my reports from CDC and WHO are a little more recent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

https://news.sky.com/story/omicron-its-like-a-bomb-new-covid-strain-sweeps-through-south-africa-township-but-majority-of-hospital-patients-dont-need-extra-oxygen-12491084

Good read forperspective:

Two thirds not requiring Oxygen

One guy gives it a severity rating of 4 on a scale of 1-10. 

Everyone calls it flu. 

Hopefully those posting 2 week old information may take time to read.

Just now, sungod said:

Almost 2 weeks ago Brian,

my reports from CDC and WHO are a little more recent.

The relevance to those who were in ICU and with severe cases does not really matter if it was two weeks ago or today, it is a direct response to you stating: But all reports show its milder thankfully.

I hope that clears things up for you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

The relevance to those who were in ICU and with severe cases does not really matter if it was two weeks ago or today, it is a direct response to you stating: But all reports show its milder thankfully.

I hope that clears things up for you.

I think you are living in the past, if you have issues on how experts are now looking at this , try addressing WHO and CDC.

• Like 1