Great Experience With The Ubon Immigration

I have lived in Thailand for almost seven years and I was lucky to meet Mr Wisit the first time I visited the Immigration office. Since then he has helped me with my visa processes, every time in a very friendly and professional manner. He always take the time to answer any questions I might have and to give advice regarding visas and whatever procedures regarding my stay in the Kingdom. Thankful.

• Like 2

The office in Ubon city is also really good. Definitely the best immigration office I've dealt with in Thailand. Always legitimately helpful and they really helped me out of a tough spot a while back, even though they could've just brushed it off and told me to deal with it myself.

• Like 2

Nice to see some improvements then. Back in the day, the Sirindorn-office was manned by a crew of grouchy, grumpy officers, male and female alike.

I really had to turn up my volume to get a standard re-entry visa done; they - seriously - expected me to file for it on Friday morning and expected me to be back to collect the passport coming Tuesday, as Monday was a holiday.

My intention was to get the re-entry visa and proceed to Chongmek to cross into Laos. Once I took out the phone and started to take a video, which I commented, the visa was granted in less than two minutes. 

• Sad 1

Glad to see some positive reports. My experiences with Immigration in various places have all been positive, except the very first one in Bangkok in 1982. The officer was an elderly man with a very sour attitude, but he ended up behaving professionally and stamped my passport to come back in two weeks. I never saw him again. I'm currently dealing with the Nakhon Sawan office, and they are very laid back and pleasant to work with.

On 12/10/2021 at 6:57 PM, elwood said:

(I visited the Sirindhorn office (Ubon Immigration) yesterday and was greeted by Pol.Sen.Sgt.Maj Wisit Mortmart. He provided great service on my retirement visa issues.  The wait time to see the immigration officer was very short.  He had all the answers to my questions and treated me in a professional manner.  Just wanted to share my positive experience.)

================

I remember Wisit from our visits to Sirindhorn before Ubon office was opened. A very helpful man; he once stayed half an hour through his lunchbreak to help with a situation.

Several of the Sirindhorn staff transferred to Ubon, and they, and newer staff, are also friendly and helpful. 

always nice to hear something positive about immigration ive had the same here in phetchabun in and out in less than 5 minutes never longer when i do my 90 day or my yearly marriage ..good service no problems....glad to hear Ubon the same

On 12/12/2021 at 11:54 AM, ubonjoe said:

I have used all 3 offices in Ubon. Phibun for serval years without a problem until they did a big change of officers but that was only the first year and after that it was good. Then only once for my extension at Sirindhorn and then the office here in the city without problems.

Well said Joe. This is practically word for word my experience over the past 25 years.

When my wife and me first arrived to live in Thailand, we only had time to get Visa's on arrival, because I losted my job in Saudi Arabia.

When we first went to the Sirindhorn office of Ubon Immigration, we were helped by Pol. Sen. Sgt. Maj. Wisit Mortmart. He helped us over several months, until we were able to get our first annual Visa's. Without his help, we would never been able to stay in Thailand.

With the Immigration Office in Ubon, we still go see him to get our Visa's done.

He is very knowledgeable in his job. Since the COVID-19 lockdown, any questions that my friends or me about Immigration. I ask him and always get a quick reply from him.

Wisit is the Best Immigration Officer that I met during over 30 years of working and living overseas.

My wife and me look forward to see him next week to due our Visa's.

Mitch Walker

• 3 weeks later...

Mr. Wisit has been a great help for me when I was in Phibun and Srimuangmai. From my visa extension, residence registration, passport transfer and even my question about work permits he would able to help me. He always went the extra mile. My stay in Thailand have been great because of officer like Mr. Wisit. He is efficient, trustworthy and hardworking officer.  Kudos Pol.Sen.Sgt.Maj. Wisit Mortmart.

Edited by Angelo Mikhail Yap