PCR test or lateral flow test needed before flying from Thailand to UK

The UK accepts an ATK test or PCR  test to travel there. (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england#when-to-take-your-test)

There's no guidance on how to show the negative proof.

Is a certificate from a clinic in Bangkok acceptable?

Where is this shown? Is it  shown to the check-in desk at Suvarnabhumi before departure?

Are there clinics in Bangkok  that do ATK tests with  proof of negative and not PCR?

28 minutes ago, RandolphGB said:

There's no guidance on how to show the negative proof.

Proof for non-EU residents and citizens

You must provide the original test result notification. Your test result must be in either English, French or Spanish. Translations will not be accepted.

Your test result can be provided as:

• a printed document
  • an email or text message you can show on your phone - make sure your device is charged

It must include the following information:

• your name, which should match the name on your travel documents
  • your date of birth or age
  • the result of the test
  • the date the test sample was collected or received by the test provider
  • the name of the test provider and their contact details
  • confirmation of the device used for the test, or that the test was a PCR test

I'm not sure how you would go about it Thailand, I have just arranged mine from the UK. Lots of services online and it's pretty cheap around £30, they send you a antigen test with code printed on it. You just take it with you and when you decide to return you do the test, take a photo of the result and they email you a result notification signed by a doctor. The websites explain in more detail but that's basically it...

You will be asked to show it at check in, airline may refuse boarding but legally they shouldn't. UK says you can board but you will get a fine think it's £500 same as the passenger locator form.

A few weeks ago you just needed to be double vaccinated before flying to the uk no pre flight test, but antigen test booked for day two of arrival was a requirement.

Seems goalposts have shifted again now its pre flight Pcr or Antigen test and a day two pre booked paid for Pcr test.

On 12/11/2021 at 6:19 PM, Upnotover said:

Proof for non-EU residents and citizens

You must provide the original test result notification. Your test result must be in either English, French or Spanish. Translations will not be accepted.

Your test result can be provided as:

• a printed document
  • an email or text message you can show on your phone - make sure your device is charged

It must include the following information:

• your name, which should match the name on your travel documents
  • your date of birth or age
  • the result of the test
  • the date the test sample was collected or received by the test provider
  • the name of the test provider and their contact details
  • confirmation of the device used for the test, or that the test was a PCR test

The test result has to be shown to check-in staff at the airport?

52 minutes ago, RandolphGB said:

The test result has to be shown to check-in staff at the airport?

According to a post above yours they will ask for it even if it is in fact not 100% needed..  Probably better to have it ready, it will be needed when you arrive for sure.

7 hours ago, Sanookmike said:

You will be asked to show it at check in, airline may refuse boarding but legally they shouldn't. UK says you can board but you will get a fine think it's £500 same as the passenger locator form.

1 hour ago, Steps said:

Can anybody recommend any good service to use in Bangkok? I have contacted these guys (https://www.testingforall.org/lateral-flow-travel-testing/) to send me an Antigen test but not sure i will receive it in time. I have 4 nights left

I can't recommend any as I've never used them but if I was you I'd be looking to have a PCR done at the hospital in Bangkok seeing as your time is running short.

Hi, we just fly to UK Sunday.

I recommend Sukhumvit Hospital at Ekkamai BTS, efficient, 24h service to get PCR result via email.  Got tested around 8.30am, results came around <8h.   PCR with fit to fly certificate costs 3200bht per person.

Certificate checked at flight checkin.  There are long checkin queues as staff have to check many documents before issung boarding card and no online checkins with thai airways right now.