TM30 online failes to save

Hi,

I am trying to report me and my spouse via the online system for TM30 at https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

I can enter the data for us, but when I finally save the list it says (translated) that "some error accrued:", but no details about this error. It worked well 2 years ago.

I tried filling in directly on the web page as well a using the excel template for upload.

By the way: which visa type should be selected for 30 day visa exemption?

Thank you very much!

I'm registered for online filing of TM30 and it worked for me last year. Would not work for me last month so I gave up as not needing to visit immigration this time. After inputting the data it just would not save it. I tried several different browsers inluding Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer. Have you tried the mobile phone app to file TM30? If it won't work in January for me then I will just go to immigration to file with paper application.

Edited by soi3eddie

Thank you for your reply. I checked for an android app and found "immigration eServices" which only allows to do the 90 day notification.

The "Chonburi immigration" app allows application for visa, but also no TM30.

Looks as if we have to visit the office in Jomtien.

This is known bug with the web interface. Didn't work for me a few months ago.

The mobile app. (Section38, which must refer to the Immigration Law covering this aspect of alien residents?) does allow one to create, save, upload a new record. I was able to successfully file within the last few months.

https://apps.apple.com/th/app/section38/id1451853492?l=th

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I'm registered for online filing of TM30 and it worked for me last year. Would not work for me last month so I gave up as not needing to visit immigration this time. After inputting the data it just would not save it. I tried several different browsers inluding Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer. Have you tried the mobile phone app to file TM30? If it won't work in January for me then I will just go to immigration to file with paper application.

I am exactly in the same situation, in the past years it was working without any problem. Now I am trying every day and I get always the same error message.

I tried to download the mobile phone app Section38, but it says that it is not available for any of my android devices..... 

18 minutes ago, federicoP said:

I tried to download the mobile phone app Section38, but it says that it is not available for any of my android devices..... 

Can you download from here: 

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/#serviceonline

or here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38

or it could be a geoblock thing, so you'll need to sideload the apk (enable unknown sources in Settings) or create a new Google/GMail account while physically present in THL, then add that account to your device, then you should be able to DL it.

https://m.apkpure.com/section38/th.go.immigration.section38

• Thanks 1

Hi, thank you for the links to the App. Unfortunately it is not available in my Playstore. The version from Apkpure fails to install on my device (Android 9).

Looks as if we have to head to Jomtien to do some good old paper works.

17 minutes ago, Frank67 said:

Hi, thank you for the links to the App. Unfortunately it is not available in my Playstore.

You can create a new Google/GMail account while here in Thailand. After that you will be able to download, install/push the app to your phone. I'd recommend doing this as you'll run into this issue again.

18 minutes ago, Frank67 said:

The version from Apkpure fails to install on my device (Android 9).

You need to enable the installation of apps from unknown sources. Settings, Apps & notifications,Special app access, Install unknown apps.

Or just Search, in Settings for "Unknown".

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

You need to enable the installation of apps from unknown sources. Settings, Apps & notifications,Special app access, Install unknown apps.

Or just Search, in Settings for "Unknown".

The issue wasn't the android configuration. I was able to start the installation, but it failed without a specific error. I assume the instllation might work on elder android versions, but I have none available here right now.

You are right, as this will be a frequent issue with every trip to Thailand it would be nice to find a convenient solution as it used to be years back.

Maybe immigration can give some advise, but I doubt they can.

I tried the downloadable APK before and it didn't work, but for some reason when I downloaded it today it did install and I was able to register my wife and I. However it doesn't let you use any date other than today for the arrival date so I just put that.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wasabi said:

I tried the downloadable APK before and it didn't work, but for some reason when I downloaded it today it did install and I was able to register my wife and I. However it doesn't let you use any date other than today for the arrival date so I just put that.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Which source did you use to download the APK?