Live in Burmese maid

Mohanan

On 12/12/2021 at 12:11 PM, richard_smith237 said:

To the uninitiated wishing to make a negative judgement this may appear to be the case.

However, many who have employed maids over the years have found that domestic service workers from Myanmar simply do a far better job regardless of the wage.  The only issue is that the do tend to ’disappear’ !!... i.e. they take a month off and go back to Myanmar for Songkran and just don’t return....

Domestic workers in the USA are almost always foreigners, usually from Latin America.  The simple fact is locals are not interested in such a job--low pay, long hours, hard work, and just an all-around cra*py existence.  The same in Thailand.  The only people who will gladly do this type of work are the desperate types.  That's what the OP wants.  As for wanting a young female....5555     

Edited by Berkshire

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Girls / Guys don’t grow up wanting to become a maid or a waiter - but its something they are happy to do because like everyone else they need the work.

".....happy to do".....???   I beg to differ.  Unless they're from some impoverished or war-torn country...which is the point.

3 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

No.  You miss the point which is your “rule” is not a rule, it is a mistaken thought.

Why not?  It can be a honest responsible helpful activity.  But of course avoiding working for those who lack respect and understanding.

I'm not sure why you're arguing the point.  There's a reason why domestic workers, not only in Thailand, but the USA, Singapore, Hong Kong, Middle East, etc., are typically foreigners from developing nations.  Heck, the OP is asking about a Burmese maid.....why?  Because he thinks they'll accept a lower wage and be happy about it.

9 minutes ago, roo860 said:
On 12/12/2021 at 11:03 PM, Meat Pie 47 said:

and why does she have to be young?

'All Inclusive'.

My Wife also insists on a younger maid (i.e. less than 50 or at least not horribly unfit)..  we have 3 flights of stairs in our house... 

Older maids simply do not want to go up and down the stairs, we’ve found them to be a little lazier. 

IF the Ops father needs physical assistance, lifting, helping into a chair etc a younger maid may be more physically able to assist.