Which drawing tablet is best for a young girl please ?

Emmarose

I will wait for others to answer but Onyx has tablet with a Targus pen, and Apple has iPad with the pencil that are both pressure sensitive and very accurate. I doubt you would get that from anything in your price range. Cheaper things without pressure sensitive stylus are very inaccurate, every line is of the same thickness, no matter how hard or gentle you hold the pen.

Maybe looking for 2nd hand ones might be an option. As for Apple only the pen costs nearly as much as your entire budget.

Onyx Boox Note 3 (though Note 2 might be sufficient, it's 30% cheaper)

https://www.b2s.co.th/6949710304296.html

You can search for iPad pro or any iPad released in last 2 years, which all support pens (note there are Gen1 and Gen2 pens, each support only specific devices, so you need to choose compatible one). iPad is obviously in colour while Boox is mono but using ePaper so drawing or writing on it looks like real paper, and saves drawings as images or PDFs. iPad... well, has drawing apps.

Not sure how well Android tablets with pens work. Had Samsung one a while back and it was not comparable with above 2.

Check Wacom and XP-pen these are the most widely available models. Without a screen you could easily find a model well under your budget. Wacom have good quality products.

Wacom Store Lazada They have a few models which fit the budget.

Depends if you want one with a screen or not. The ones with a screen are quite expensive.

XP-Pen has a small showroom on the top floor of mbk (behind the cinema) where you can try out their various models of drawing tablets, Most of them are compatible with windows, linux and mac and some drawing sketch software is free. There are also some open source software which can be used.

Graphic drawing tablets & Digital Art Pads With Screen|XP-PEN

I bought the Deco 02 a number of years ago and it works fine.

XP-Pen Deco 02 - XP-Pen Thailand

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

I have a Huion 1060P 2500B on Lazada.

Of course, Wacom are the best, they are also expensive, but I wanted a bigger size tablet. Im not really much if an artist, I don’t really draw traditionally, I use vectors, so that tablet suits my needs.

Take a look on YouTube at huion tablets, sometimes they get a bad rap from some reviewers, some folks rate them for their budget. 

On 12/13/2021 at 12:59 PM, userabcd said:

Check Wacom and XP-pen these are the most widely available models. Without a screen you could easily find a model well under your budget. Wacom have good quality products.

Wacom Store Lazada They have a few models which fit the budget.

Depends if you want one with a screen or not. The ones with a screen are quite expensive.

XP-Pen has a small showroom on the top floor of mbk (behind the cinema) where you can try out their various models of drawing tablets, Most of them are compatible with windows, linux and mac and some drawing sketch software is free. There are also some open source software which can be used.

Graphic drawing tablets & Digital Art Pads With Screen|XP-PEN

I bought the Deco 02 a number of years ago and it works fine.

XP-Pen Deco 02 - XP-Pen Thailand

thanks a bunch, i will check it !

My son became interested in drawing and painting at a fairly young age, but by the time he was 11 he begged me to buy him a digital tablet so he could put his artwork on his YouTube channel.

After researching products, I bought him the Wacom Intuos tablet which sells for well under 3,000 baht in Thailand. It's a high quality product with excellent pressure sensitivity. It came with a trial version of Corel Painter Essentials that runs on Windows 10. He was happy with the software so I purchased a license for him when the trial expired.

It took my son some time to get accustomed to drawing on the tablet while looking at the screen, but he got the hang of it. You can see some of the drawings he's done with it on his website:

https://www.maxspencernash.com

36 minutes ago, Paulaew said:

My son became interested in drawing and painting at a fairly young age, but by the time he was 11 he begged me to buy him a digital tablet so he could put his artwork on his YouTube channel.

After researching products, I bought him the Wacom Intuos tablet which sells for well under 3,000 baht in Thailand. It's a high quality product with excellent pressure sensitivity. It came with a trial version of Corel Painter Essentials that runs on Windows 10. He was happy with the software so I purchased a license for him when the trial expired.

It took my son some time to get accustomed to drawing on the tablet while looking at the screen, but he got the hang of it. You can see some of the drawings he's done with it on his website:

https://www.maxspencernash.com

Nice to see some cool kids out there in Thailand .. I think its great to do creative stuff like this, with the support of your parents. I wish him all the best.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Nice to see some cool kids out there in Thailand .. I think its great to do creative stuff like this, with the support of your parents. I wish him all the best.

Thanks very much for the kind words.