Divorce in thai

Hi All !

I have met many thai girls and i was surprised that most of them are divorced. Can anyone tell me is it a reality or do they just tend to show that they are available for marriage ?

Also,i would like to know if a divorced thai girl can still continue to live in her in-law's house, even after divorce ?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Have the girls been legally married or just a temple wedding, many thai couples do not get a marriage registration but have a ceromony, which is not legally binding. Also, you must beware that some girls are still with their "huisbands" who encourage them to go with farangs & then sit around living of the fruits of their wifes income & anything the farang guys send once they leave. If they are still living with their inlaws, this could be the case, it could also be that they have children that the inlaws take care of while they "work" & living all together, even though not married anymore may just be for financial reasons, but it sounds a bit suspect all the same.

In many cases divorce would be better described as splitting up as there was never a legal marriage.  Many girls do indeed fit this category and many of them have children and inlaws may help take care of and even may take care of the mother.  There are no 'rules' on this.  Families differ.

A legal divorce, if both parties agree, is another trip to the District Office and writing down the details of the property split and a divorce paper.

A marriage in Thailand Surin ? Contested, questions regarding issue of the union,  are the money details sorted out, if it is a legal Thai marriage, has it also been formally registered in another country ?

Yes, a thai marriage but not registered in any other country.

Not mine thank goodness, but a cousin of my wife married a farung and he wants out.  I was unable to provide an answer

for him. I doubt if there would be much property division and it would be mutual.

If it is not mutual, is it straight forward?