URGENT ADVICE ---- MEDICAL

mercman24

a close friend went to Pattaya  City Hospital with a lump on her breast. chat went like this : yes you got cancer, nothing to worry about, come back next JUNE : <deleted>, today i hear she is sick, i tell her friend to take her to a different hospital. i have never heard anything like this in my whole life, are they hoping she be dead by next June, they didnt do any tests etc.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

First is breast x ray then they take a sample then they will tell you what sort and prognosis and then what treatment is required.

Good luck to you both. that's if you take her to a good hospital.

Edited by whiteman
  • Like 1

Need more info, how old is this friend?  Is she Thai and in the 30 baht medical care system?  Is the OP in Pattaya or out of country and all this info is via broken English Line chat?

I can recommend Bumrungrad Horizon Centre as a fantastic oncology unit. Dr Apichart is one of the oncologists there (radiation) and an absolute rockstar.

Also look into the metabolic pathways of the tumour (how the tumour feeds). Usually (but not always) breast cancer is fed by hormones. It is important to start hormone blockers to prevent the tumour growing (or re-growing after surgery). I think the drug is called Tamoxifen and breast cancer survivors take it for a few years.

There is an excellent book by a British cancer survivor, it is called How To Starve Cancer by Jane McLelland.

Documentaries - Cancer can be killed (available on Vimeo) and Radical Remissions (Hay House) are very informative and inspiring.

Wishing your lively Mum friend all the support and blessings at this time. Good Luck!

• Like 1