Veal

moogradod

I have never seen veal meat in Thailand.

Unfortunately veal is a must for signature dishes like "Wiener Schnitzel" or "Zürcher Gschnetzelts". Veal liver is as well an indispensable ingredient for many Italian dishes.

Does anybody know where veal can be obtained (preferably Pattaya area) or is there any reason it might not be available at all ?

Thanks for any hint.

2 minutes ago, Franky111 said:

There is no veal available here,

Even Münchner Weisswurst (nomally made from veal) tastes from pork !!

Because made from pork here.

Absolutely no go in Bavaria

But original Münchner Weisswurst is available as an imported item. It has been some time I have had it, but I recall it was quite good (I am German and have been to Munich innumerable times, so I know). Forgot where we bought it here, maybe at TOPS Central Festival ? Villa ? Friendship ? They stock quite some German food.

3 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

I know killing a calf a few months old is not nice, but veal is definitely very nice.

Yes, you are right. I believe that it does not matter if pig, or cow, calf or whatever living creature - it is not nice to kill them to say the least. I cheat telling to myself that I would never order some, so what I am eating is actually a tasty corpse. And in fact I would never order if the killing would be for me only and because of my order.

It's fair to say that what we as humans do to feed ourselves is beyond gruesome, killing all sorts of creatures, animals, fish, birds and insects. 

Come to Thailand and see what they do here.

I have lost two pet dogs here because they chased chickens and were shot dead. How can you place a value on an animal, a pet, or farmyard poultry when people have that mentality.

Shoot someone else's pet!

Edited by OneeyedJohn