Montasory School Naklua

expatgaz

Looking at sending my Boy to school.Anyone have any info on this place,my Boy is 2 and looking at play school / kindergarden type thing.Any advise much appreciated.Also seen a place on third road close to junction with Pattaya Klang called "Happy Kids" is this a nursery ?

Thanks EPG.

My son (5 years) is studying at Montessory's school for 2 terms. He is happy. He began to speak english. In our native country he had 2 years experience in such system of education. Here in class 3 teacher - leader teacher is native speaker, other are thai. Once in a week - swimming lessons, once in a term - field trip. Payment - 55 000 bath in term (yonger are cheap).

So a mixed bag of reports.Any other advice for a good play group ?

EPG.

They do not seem to screen their teachers very well as the story about the headmaster is true.

Avoid the place.

That is too bad as the montessori method of teaching is very good. My daughter went to one for a littel over 3 years here in the States and she was much advanced compared to children in the public schools when they tested her.

So a mixed bag of reports.Any other advice for a good play group ?

EPG.

They do not seem to screen their teachers very well as the story about the headmaster is true.

Avoid the place.

That is too bad as the montessori method of teaching is very good. My daughter went to one for a littel over 3 years here in the States and she was much advanced compared to children in the public schools when they tested her.

Yes , the have a very good rep. in the sates . Thailand of course is a whole different story.

The guy who blew his brains out was a Canadian and gave us a tour of the school.

I dont think the Montessori school there has anything to do with the Montessori school system.

My son went there for 1.5 years then I took him out as he was going backwards instead of forward with his education.

At one point they even suggested he had a speaking dissability??? been away there now for 2 years and is speaking English and Thai very well.

Native Englishteachers dont seem the be interested at all but picking up there pay check. Leave the educating to the Thai assistants so what is the point to pay around 60000baht for an education which is done in Thai anyway???

Keep your kid away from there.