Inside Pattaya’s struggling sex trade amid pandemic and downturn

webfact

On 12/18/2021 at 3:13 AM, DJ54 said:

Education or shall I say lack of contributes to the situation.

How many of us finished school at 14-15 years old and lived

a successful life....

Possibly encouraged to do this type of work by older relatives 

with little to no education.... 

Take a survey when you walk down and ask people of this 

profession if they know it’s illegal... some don’t have a clue.....

While I didn't leave school till 18, my teachers were so useless that I failed university entrance ( one subject I got 14 out of 100 ), but I still went on to have 2 careers requiring examinations and years of training. Dumb people don't normally become qualified nurses.

IMO far more important than hanging around being bored in a useless school is a desire to learn, and a will to succeed.

I'd say that before a uni qualification became essential for many trades ( the biggest con I know of ) millions of people went on to have successful lives after leaving school soon as reached age to do so.

Seems to me people that wasted 3 or 4 years in uni need to tout education as being far more important that it really is. Unless going to be an actual professional- lawyer, Dr etc, a uni education is un necessary, and at the moment with those huge fees that have to be paid off, a drawback to success.

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I used to work near King's Cross station, 10pm at night when I drove past, you'd better have your car doors locked because when you stopped at the traffic lights one would often try and get in the car. Don't know what nationality they were, my door was always locked and the windows were closed.

Kings X is an example of an area that has been totally "cleaned up"  - lots of new housing, CCTV etc etc...

17 hours ago, DaveE13 said:

Yes a few years ago in East London they were pulling over kerb crawlers and police took their cars. They had to then explain to their wife's when they got  home .  Then go to court and pay fine to get their impounded cars back.????

Kerb crawling can be done on a keyboard now.  

• Like 2