Get a Thai visa in Cambodia?

ME is not possible.

You could apply for 60 day tourist visa. Can extend later by 30 days.

Be aware that the  the reentry to Thailand will involve TP along with insurance etc etc.

BTW you most likely better off using agent in PP for visa and can take few days. 

When does visa exempt expire.

You can extend that by 30 days. 

Depending on what happens after Jan 25 covid extensions may or may not be available.

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

Of course these people thought they could nip across the border at Poipet and return

Therein is the problem.

There won't be any "nipping across the border". The old border bounce seems long way off.

Flying to PP to obtain a tourist visa for Thailand would also involve the TP etc etc for return.

It's too early to start guessing what will happen to covid extensions after Jan 25, however I'm in the camp that thinks they will be extended. 

10 hours ago, stratocaster said:

On another forum, the day Cambodia announced that they were opening, scores of people said they were off to get a Thai visa. Strangely there has been no reports as yet to success or otherwise. Of course these people thought they could nip across the border at Poipet and return

There has been recent report, on facebook 'Thai visa advice' group. Looks like its possible.

22 minutes ago, ThLT said:

There has been recent report, on facebook 'Thai visa advice' group. Looks like its possible.

Did the report outline in detail what was involved.

How long to obtain tourist visa.

Was an agent used? 

List of reentry requirements.

Obviously a TP, insurance etc.

What else...

"Looks like it's possible" ...doesn't provide information. 

42 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Did the report outline in detail what was involved.

How long to obtain tourist visa.

Was an agent used? 

List of reentry requirements.

Obviously a TP, insurance etc.

What else...

"Looks like it's possible" ...doesn't provide information. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1395920320731833/posts/3271327339857779

12 minutes ago, ThLT said:

That link asks me to join group. Then goes to question page. 

Why not point form this first hand experience the poster claims.

BTW how many other reports of trip exit Thailand to PP obtain tv  have you read.

Just plain facts without redirection link. 

The basics would be...

How long to obtain TV.

What method was used. Agent? 

Cost of flights a bonus.

Procedure and cost for return.

Etc. 

Edited by DrJack54

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That link asks me to join group. Then goes to question page. 

If you join the group, the post is all there. That's what the link is.

Edited by ThLT

Original post: 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1395920320731833/posts/3271327339857779
(need to first join the group to view it)

Full post (posted Dec 15, 2021):

*Border bounce success story*
Hi all, I recently had to make a border bounce / visa run to Cambodia and thought I would share a bit about my experience to help anyone who might be considering this. Note: I am fully vaccinated and American. The experience might be different for other situations. Also, I came back to Thailand visa-exempt, so sadly I can’t speak to the experience of actually trying to get a Thai visa while in Cambodia.

*Before Leaving*
Hotel Booking: There are no restrictions on which hotels you can or can’t stay in (there is no “SHA+” there.)
Visa: Cambodia requires a visa (no visa-on-arrival) but they have an “E-visa” with a very simple online application. Mostly just passport info, arrival airport, hotel address, and contact info. Cost is about 1000 baht and my application was accepted in two hours.
Covid Testing: PCR test required within 72 hours of departure. I tested at MedConsult in Bangkok for 2000 baht and got the result in less than 24 hours. 
Flight: You can only fly into certain airports in Cambodia (the list can be seen in the E-Visa application), but I think all the main ones are covered. Round trip tickets are about 5000 baht. Note: While checking in for my flight to Cambodia, the airline asked to see a ticket departing Cambodia, even though this was never mentioned as a requirement anywhere.
Health Insurance covering Covid: I’ve seen conflicting information online about whether this is required or only encouraged, but I would get it to be safe. They asked to see mine.

*Upon Arrival in Cambodia*
Paperwork: Need to show passport, E-visa, PCR covid result, and health insurance documentation.
Covid Testing: At the airport they test you for free using an ATK covid test. You get the result in about 20 minutes. If you are negative, you are completely free to go anywhere in Cambodia with no quarantine and no restrictions.

*Going Back to Thailand*
Covid Testing: I got my test done at Intercare Medical Center in Phnom Penh. I walked in with no appointment required. Same-day result cost about 4000 baht. Apparently there are 2000-baht, next-day results at Pasteur Institute in Phnom Penh but it seemed to require an appointment and was not convenient for me.
Thailand Pass: I applied for my Thailand Pass on a Tuesday and was approved the following Sunday (it took 5 days).

*Summary*
Overall, Cambodia had a simple and easy process. And it was great to leave the airport after the ATK test with no quarantine or restrictions. Total cost for E-Visa, covid tests, and flights is about 12,000 baht. Hotel and food costs are similar to Thailand. So depending how long you want to stay there, you can easily estimate the total cost.
Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Hope this helps someone!

@DrJack54

Edited by ThLT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ThLT said:

They guy did not mention going to Thai Embassy, he explained the process going into Cambodia and what he did to get the Thai Pass. I still found it very useful. 

2 minutes ago, visarunner said:

They guy did not mention going to Thai Embassy, he explained the process going into Cambodia and what he did to get the Thai Pass. I still found it very useful. 

I was replying to stratocaster saying there were no reports, of people 'nipping across the border at Poipet and return.' But yeah, the guy got a visa exemption.

24 minutes ago, ThLT said:

I was replying to stratocaster saying there were no reports, of people 'nipping across the border at Poipet and return.' But yeah, the guy got a visa exemption.

That report was by air.

As far as I know the land borders are closed except for repatriation and possibley migrant workers.

And by land there is still a 14 day mandatory quarantine when entering Thailand.

• Like 1