CV19 Booster

Forza2002

In the past week the Govt is now recommending that people get a booster following 3 months after their 2nd vaccine injection. Many people, myself included got the Sino/AZ combo back in August at McCormick Hospital so I guess we qualify for the booster. Anybody heard of any places that are providing the booster?

• Like 2

Lol, No.  And all these expats have returned,  rushed to return, and there have been mere talks of boosters, no actions.  Get ready for another shut down people.  Its already done this twice.  Each time other countries, this time of year, have a issue or rise in covid, then Thailand  isnt far behind.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tarteso said:

I got two jabs (Pfizer) in McCormick CM… Also Waiting for some information.

The last thing I saw was six months for a booster after your second Pfizer shot (which I also got), and 3 months for Sinovac/pharm-AZ.

With the booster recommendation for Omicron, this may change.

Edited by flare
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In August I got my first injection (Sinovac) and my second (Astra).  Just two days ago I got my booster (Astra) at Nakorn Ping Hospital.  I'd received an email from the U S Embassy saying that boosters would be available this past week at several sites around Chiang Mai.

On 12/18/2021 at 10:52 AM, lexilis said:

I got a Moderna booster at CM Ram on Wednesday. Walk in, no appointment, in and out in 40 minutes. Cost 1400 Bt.

Amazing. What about all the people who booked Moderna shots up to 6 months ago and still haven't been inoculated? 

I thought the PHA had set the price of Moderna jabs at 1650 baht so how comes 1400 baht? ????

14 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Amazing. What about all the people who booked Moderna shots up to 6 months ago and still haven't been inoculated? 

I thought the PHA had set the price of Moderna jabs at 1650 baht so how comes 1400 baht? ????

Over here in deepest darkest issan we can choose from AstraZeneca, Pfizer or moderna all free at govt vax centres.

I also paid for moderna. Managed to sell 1 and have booked to have the other as a booster in march. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, khunphil said:

Any information of a booster after a 6 months Janssen shot ?

Phil.

looks like its now being dumped as not effective or recommended for Omicron. Best to assume you are unvaccinated and start again with Pfizer or Moderna.

1 hour ago, Farma said:

Over here in deepest darkest issan we can choose from AstraZeneca, Pfizer or moderna all free at govt vax centres.

I also paid for moderna. Managed to sell 1 and have booked to have the other as a booster in march. 

What has any of that got to do with my post? ????????

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

What has any of that got to do with my post? ????????

Quite simple. There will be a lot of people like myself who paid for moderna and haven't received the moderna injection yet. Meanwhile moderna is now available free from govt vaccination sites.

Those that paid upfront will just have to accept things have changed since they paid the money.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Farma said:

Quite simple. There will be a lot of people like myself who paid for moderna and haven't received the moderna injection yet. Meanwhile moderna is now available free from govt vaccination sites.

Those that paid upfront will just have to accept things have changed since they paid the money.

I thought so, absolutely nothing to do with my post! ????

19 hours ago, Chris.B said:

I ordered Moderna @ 1,650 baht each for two jabs through the MorProm app. I had the Sinovac, Astra combo at McCormick and have been waiting for Moderna to arrive at Lanna hospital. I had my first jab Dec. 14, second jab scheduled for Jan. 11. I was asked which vaccinations I wanted them to show on the card they issue. I told them it didn't matter to me, but just to be clear, if I would rather not have the Sinovac show up on the certificate, would they refrain from putting it there. I was told that was the case. My card currently reflects the 3 jabs I've already received.

Last Mondat ASEAN reported that the Thai govt was giving free booster shots on a walk in basis in Phuket at Saphin Hin on Tue and Wed.

Showed up Tue and was sent packing. "Need to register" with no further advice, all in Thai. Where in Phuket are free booster shots being doled out?

21 hours ago, Swimfan said:

looks like its now being dumped as not effective or recommended for Omicron. Best to assume you are unvaccinated and start again with Pfizer or Moderna.

French embassy did boost it with 1 Moderna shot ... but I missed the window. So I think buying/getting a Moderna shot could be a solution ... And I am not sure JJ is more or less efficient that the 2 others ones, with so many contradictory results against different variants.

Thanks for answering.

Phil

On 12/20/2021 at 4:51 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

Question is indeed not if, but when. My prediction is late March or early April...

Maybe sooner.   I feel after the new year if the new Variant continues  its fast progress.   They already sent the force from Bangkok to Chaing Mai to close the illegal bars and correct the bib that arent doing their jobs correctly.   I'm sure they will send to Pattaya, or the new chief will crack down after bars make some cash to pay fines.  Here it is 14:00 and bars on Soi 6 are still serving alcohol.   Give them enough rope, and they will cut all out progress. 

20 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Boosted with Moderna this morning at CM Ram.  Hubby went there Monday morning to book appointment for me today since it's our 45th wedding anniversary.  Great gift!

Congrats on the 45 ????????

• Like 1