CV19 Booster

Forza2002

• 2 weeks later...

Airport Plaza is also running a walk-in offering AZ or Pfizer on the 2nd floor next to Uniqlo with the booking area in the car park close by.  Was there today at 1:30 and got a Pfizer booster in 10 minutes + recovery period.  Very well organised.  I don't know the opening times or how long they will be there, but there is also this one if the location works better for you.

1145129717_CV192.jpg.3373e34dfcd0068fe949fd4cfc3d6117.jpg

Vaccinations for children are also on offer elsewhere.

CV19.jpg.f0d109821774094e9190822818f63803.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 9:18 PM, Tarteso said:

I got two jabs (Pfizer) in McCormick CM… Also Waiting for some information.

i also got the 2 pfizer vaccinations, and it has been just over 3 months since the second.  It is my understanding that here they are following the Pfizer recommendation of 6 months after the second dose before receiving a booster.  All the other combos appear to qualify for a booster.  I had several expat friends tell me they were turned away for a booster at some of the recent locations giving boosters to the Sinovac/Sinopharm/AZ vaccinated.

• Like 2

On 12/18/2021 at 6:54 AM, Farma said:

This is the latest advise from a few days ago. The numbers in the right column indicate the number of months recommended between 2nd and booster.

1639785103658.jpg

Yes, that is what has stated at the various locations providing boosters--it indicates that they will provide a Moderna booster for those having received the 2 Pfizer doses,  I have read that Moderna. when used as a booster, has a reduced amt of vaccine--while the Pfizer, when used as a booster, has the same amt of vaccine.  And it was recommended that those getting the Moderna make certain one is getting the correct amt of vaccine for their booster--I am assuming, but cannot be sure, that Thailand is administering the Moderna boosters along those guidelines?

1 hour ago, SammyJ said:

Yes, that is what has stated at the various locations providing boosters--it indicates that they will provide a Moderna booster for those having received the 2 Pfizer doses,  I have read that Moderna. when used as a booster, has a reduced amt of vaccine--while the Pfizer, when used as a booster, has the same amt of vaccine.  And it was recommended that those getting the Moderna make certain one is getting the correct amt of vaccine for their booster--I am assuming, but cannot be sure, that Thailand is administering the Moderna boosters along those guidelines?

I received Moderna at Central Airport Plaza and asked them what dosage they use. She showed me the box and it said 50 micrograms. I think in some countries you can get a double booster of 100, but it seems that the booster I got was the regular dosage amount.

A note on Booster Shots at Central Airport Plaza.

‘Officially’ they recommend 6 months between initial series and booster for both Pfizer and Moderna, as noted above. However, Central Airport will give a booster shot at less time than that. In my case, 5 months, (4 1/2  actually), after initial Pfizer series. All people  were great. Happy I asked, spur of the moment, walking by, and got it done.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

A note on Booster Shots at Central Airport Plaza.

‘Officially’ they recommend 6 months between initial series and booster for both Pfizer and Moderna, as noted above. However, Central Airport will give a booster shot at less time than that. In my case, 5 months, (4 1/2  actually), after initial Pfizer series. All people  were great. Happy I asked, spur of the moment, walking by, and got it done.

That's good to know--did they ask for any paperwork or documentation of your previous vaccinations or did you have to present your passport?

On 12/23/2021 at 12:27 PM, seedy said:

CM Ram this AM

Booked for 10 Jan - Moderna

1650 THB

Were you able to book by phone or had to go in person?  Also, can you share what your previous vaccinations were and what time period since your second dose.?  I ask again, as I know some expat friends and I are about near 4 months since our second dose of Pfizer, and have been turned away since it was not the recommended 6 months--but, we would like to get a booster now, if possible.  Thanks

On 12/19/2021 at 11:03 PM, ThaiPauly said:

Ram have told me that the wait for a Moderna booster after double pfyser shot would be 6 months.

My wife had Sinopharm  and can have hers in 3.

Yes, that is what I have been told also.

although I am in Chiang Rai I may go to CM for a booster is can't get it here soon.

I read a article two days ago that two separate govt funded/operated studies in two countries, not yet peer reviewed, indicate that a Sinovac followed by a Pfizer vaccination offers very very little to NO  resistance to Omicron. A booster is recommended . 

I would rather not get the Omicron virus infection.

1 hour ago, SammyJ said:

That's good to know--did they ask for any paperwork or documentation of your previous vaccinations or did you have to present your passport?

Bring both. They did not ask me, but I had passport and vaccination doc with me.  They did look it over as it is a US, CDC card showing 2 Pfizer injections.

Three or more people helped me get squared away, and now I’m on the Thai system. No one cared that it was NOT 6 months. Saying that it was Tuesday, right after it opened, not many people. I just happened to meet a guy on the escalator, who had that med clinic vest on. I asked, I was only 5 months vaccinated, but would like to get a booster. He was  -  sure, come on up, lets do it.  I had a choice of Pfizer or Moderna for the booster. I went with Moderna for the cocktail effect.

Way cool having everyone on the same page, going one direction and wanting to get things done.  I usually say bad things about Thai bureaucracy and government agencies. I will not  …..  ….  for at least a week.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Bring both. They did not ask me, but I had passport and vaccination doc with me.  They did look it over as it is a US, CDC card showing 2 Pfizer injections.

Three or more people helped me get squared away, and now I’m on the Thai system. No one cared that it was NOT 6 months. Saying that it was Tuesday, right after it opened, not many people. I just happened to meet a guy on the escalator, who had that med clinic vest on. I asked, I was only 5 months vaccinated, but would like to get a booster. He was  -  sure, come on up, lets do it.  I had a choice of Pfizer or Moderna for the booster. I went with Moderna for the cocktail effect.

Way cool having everyone on the same page, going one direction and wanting to get things done.  I usually say bad things about Thai bureaucracy and government agencies. I will not  …..  ….  for at least a week.

LomSak... regarding your post above, what is the location in Chiang Mai? Cheers... 

On 1/4/2022 at 5:22 PM, Greenside said:

Airport Plaza is also running a walk-in offering AZ or Pfizer on the 2nd floor next to Uniqlo with the booking area in the car park close by.  Was there today at 1:30 and got a Pfizer booster in 10 minutes + recovery period.  Very well organised.  I don't know the opening times or how long they will be there, but there is also this one if the location works better for you.

1145129717_CV192.jpg.3373e34dfcd0068fe949fd4cfc3d6117.jpg

Vaccinations for children are also on offer elsewhere.

CV19.jpg.f0d109821774094e9190822818f63803.jpg

I walked in to Chiang Mai Neurological hospital today around 1.15pm and left at 3pm after the 30 minute post injection wait so felt like that was reasonable.

I have had two AZ shots in the UK, the last 7 months ago and so was offered Pfizer but chose AZ and it was no problem.  I took my passport with me and now my vaccination status is on the Thailand Digital Health Pass system although only the single AZ shot.

On 12/20/2021 at 12:28 AM, Chris.B said:

Amazing. What about all the people who booked Moderna shots up to 6 months ago and still haven't been inoculated? 

I thought the PHA had set the price of Moderna jabs at 1650 baht so how comes 1400 baht? ????

i paid for two Moderna jabs months ago when it was announced that they were available for sale. I decided to take advantage of McCormick hospitals generous offer of An AstraZeneca and a Sinovac jab for free. I wondered, to be honest, if I was ever going to get the Moderna. I received the first jab at Lanna hospital December 14 and I'm scheduled to receive the second January 11. I should add that the vaccination card I was given has four spaces for the record of different vaccines. I was also asked if I wanted to not have one of the vaccinations on the card. I said no, doesn't matter to me but some people may not want a specific vaccine on the record. No complaints about Lanna either.

22 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Thank you -- may give it a try--can you tell me where inside CM Ram did you go?

49 minutes ago, SammyJ said:

can you tell me where inside CM Ram did you go?

No clue about, CMR, but if Chiang Mai Ram doesn't work for you, since you are close, go around the corner to Kad Suan Gaeow. They might have them. 

Cheers

Edited by LomSak27

4 hours ago, SammyJ said:

Thank you -- may give it a try--can you tell me where inside CM Ram did you go?

I have no clue about current supply but simply message Chiangmai Ram Hospital (via their message deal on their website) and they'll likely respond within 2 hours or so.  I did that several weeks ago on a Friday and ultimately was told to show up (4th Floor) there Monday morning where I paid for a Moderna booster....and ultimately came back the next morning to get the actual jab.  Cost was 1,650 baht.

Contrary to one comment, yes, they do care about timing of your booster (i.e., you're not getting it if you're #2 jab was Astra or a Chinese vaccine that was less than 3 months ago.... or less than 6 months if your first 2 jabs were Pfizer or Moderna).

Edited by CMBob
Addition

In BKK leaving in a few days for the US, live in CM.  Spent 2 days trying to find a booster here in BKK but because I had 2 Pfizer's, the hospitals and innoculation centers would not give me one but now I'm hearing people in CM with 2 Pfizers are getting boosters.  There is just no consistency in any of this. 

On 1/8/2022 at 6:34 AM, LomSak27 said:

Central Airport Plaza... did allow with their full knowledge and consent, a booster, on 1/4/2022, to an individual who had been vaccinated 4 months, three weeks before with the Pfizer series. on-sense approach. As always your mileage may vary.  

Thanks ! Do you know what days the vaccinators are at Airport Plaza this week ? I went there last week for a second (Pfizer) jab, and they were not there that day.

Hi, I got my second jab (Pfizer ... first was AZ) last week, and was told it will be six-month before I can get another.  I note ... Orang and I not hypochondriacs ... that I've fell unusually "overheated" and lethargic since the second jab. I had no fear or anxiety about the jab; these body-state observations might just be the resulf of weather change, a thousand ant bites a day, or other factors. I do observe the Pfizer injection site has remained slightly more swollen and tender to touch much longer than the AZ site did.

I know people here (Thai and farang) who say they have had three jabs, the last before a six month period, I am conservative in terms of health practices, but, a little web crawling shows reputable sources recommending eight weeks. 

I'd appreciate, if you have had more than two jabs in Chiang Maim, your sharing your experience (what, where, when, why)..

thanks ! o:37;