Covid vaccines approved for travelers to Australia

grain

Just watched Greg Hunt on ABC news talking about people from other countries who have been fully vaccinated with a vaccine not approved for Australia will still be required to do 14 days hotel quarantine.

I'm planning to visit sometime in 2022. I've had 2 dose of AZ, I checked online and it seems both doses were from Thailand's Siam Bioscience. My Thai partner had 2 doses, one Sinovac and one AZ. We both plan on having a 3rd booster shot in a couple of months, probably Pfizer.

So for travel to Australia will we be considered vaccinated or not? 

To be considered vaccinated to enter Australia,

Fully vaccinated

You are considered to be fully vaccinated for travel to and from Australia if you have completed a course of a vaccine approved or recognised by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). This includes mixed doses. Current approved or recognised vaccines and dosages accepted for travel are:

• Two doses at least 14 days apart of:
    • AstraZeneca Vaxzevria
    • AstraZeneca Covishield
    • Pfizer/Biontech Comirnaty
    • Moderna Spikevax or Takeda
    • Sinovac Coronavac
    • Bharat Biotech Covaxin
    • Sinopharm BBIBP-CorV (for people under 60 years of age on arrival in Australia).
  • Or one dose of:
    • Johnson & Johnson/ Janssen-Cilag COVID Vaccine.

The TGA is evaluating other COVID-19 vaccines that may be recognised for inbound travel to Australia in future.

At least 7 days must have passed since the final dose of vaccine in a course of immunisation for you to be considered fully vaccinated. Mixed doses count towards being fully vaccinated as long as all vaccines are approved or recognised by the TGA.

If you have not been vaccinated with the above doses or schedule, you do not meet Australia’s definition of ‘fully vaccinated.’ This includes instances where the dosing schedule or vaccine eligibility differs in your country of origin. There are some exceptions to this as outlined below.

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/vaccinated-travellers

Thanks for that ozfarang. I've checked both our vaccination receipts. On both it simply reads AstraZeneca. No mention of it being Vaxzevria or Covishield. 

Do you happen to know if Australia has approved the AstraZeneca vaccine produced by Thailand's Siam Bioscience?

20 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

@grainfrom this site

https://www.astrazeneca.com/country-sites/thailand/press-release/travelling-with-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-made-in-thailand.html

it is approved for entry to Australia, branded as Vaxzevria

OK many thanks for that info, puts my mind at rest. 

• Like 1