what info on pre departure pcr test certificate needed

Hi traveller,

I can only tell you of my own experience.  Tested on Friday 17th December for flight on 19th [UK].

Testing company insisted on my passport and it was entered on my test certificate as one of the 'Patient Details'.  This was obviously available to the officials who checked it during my flights [BHX-AAMS-BKK] so as it was on there I didn't get asked any questions.

The testing company indicated it was mandatory for the test/fit to fly certificate.

• Like 1

I've never seen that mentioned on lists of requirements and my test last December for USA to Thailand travel did not have it.  I just did another test for a trip in a couple days from the same lab and it doesn't have it either. I'll know soon if there's an issue.

The IATA website states "a Covid-19 RT-PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarcation point.  The test result must be in English or Thai."

Though note, they've forgotten to specify negative test result.  JAL, which I'm flying on, says "Travelers must have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result. The result must be issued a maximum of 72 hours before departure to Thailand. "