Emerging Obesity in Thailand's female youth.

Jenkins9039

18 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I cannot answer that but if you explore the internet, you'll find that 'fatism' or 'sizeism' is more common that we would like to think. There was a M & P shop close to our house in Udon Thani. Both their young children were grossly overweight and I, almost subconsciously, called it 'the fat kid shop'. 

This subconscious prejudice is probably the reason why this thread exists in the first place. Any comments on that @Jenkins9039?

Overweight people take up more space and in evolutionary terms have consumed more resources

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Overweight people take up more space and in evolutionary terms have consumed more resources

And would likely be the only ones surviving after some apocalypse causing massive food shortages, as their fat stores would sustain them do they could repopulate earth. I'm slim and a dead man in that event. This sounds like I should pitch the idea to Netflix "after the apocalypse will fat people let the skinny ones live"

3 hours ago, tonray said:

And would likely be the only ones surviving after some apocalypse causing massive food shortages, as their fat stores would sustain them do they could repopulate earth. I'm slim and a dead man in that event. This sounds like I should pitch the idea to Netflix "after the apocalypse will fat people let the skinny ones live"

Pretty certain the leaner people will chase the exhausted fat people around for their dinner...

• Haha 1

Gsxrnz has it spot on.  Also the Education or Health Department should ban unsavoury food carts from sitting outside school gates with heavy fines.  Many of the girls of that age group are huge and seem happy to be called Pumpui as if its complimentary term.  As one commentator has suggested it will eventually become an unfavourable label.